Help first timer

BlaziNoob

Big problem, my seedling stem broke off conpletely. It had stretched so had some extra stem at the bottom. Break happened .5 inch below the first set of leaves. Had 2-3 set of 3 bladed leaves other than the first leaves. Anyway I have planted the top part back into the soil and put some soil to support it at the bottom. Will it survive? And will the original stem grow a new plant?

Great questions but I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

I don't think it's sounding good. The part that broke may need to be treated like a clone and handled accordingly. The bottom part might reveg but I think it might be to early in its life for that.

Sorry Mang!

Thanks for the reply brother. I realized it would be similiar to cloning, I don't have any of the fancy nutrients or rooting gel/powder here in Pakistan, so will that be an issue ?
Additionally how long would I have to let it sit as a clone before it's safe to transport into bigger pot. And is there any way to make sure that if it's safe to change the pot or not.

Do you have a clear plastic cup or something similar that you could put over the top after misting it with water 2-3 times a day? Without hydration and no roots I would say the odds are slim to none.

Plastic cup I can get. But won't that block out air flow ? And should I only mist or water the soil too ?

Mist it. Cut the leaves a bit and put something over it, as Beaver mentioned. You want to create a moist environment for her to try and thrive in. Remove the dome a couple times a day

And be quick about it... time is critical if there are no roots. You'll have a "chance" if it starts to stand back up in a couple hours or so. If it hasn't after a day, give it last rights and find yourself another seed.

I would estimate 1/2-1 ounce of water at the base is plenty for now. Just concentrate on the leaves for a couple days.

Keep in mind that I am pretty new at this, but I have already broken off more than my share of tops!!!!

The soil is moist as I had watered just a couple of hours prior to the incident. Il get a cup on top asap. What leaves should I cut and how ? And should I poke any holes in the cup ?

Just trim of the tips of each leaf. It's going to allow for other areas for the plant to take in oxygen and H2O.

Maybe poke 2 small holes. Nothing bigger than a sharpened pencil head.

It's night time now I've only got a glass will it do

It's gonna have too, just get er sprayed first. Have you got an empty glass jar? Then do a google search for trimming clone leaves and look at the images that come up. Lots of them but basically you're cutting about 1/3-1/2 off of the ends. I don't touch the new growth at the very top, but as I said, I'm a rookie too.

You are in good hands with Pigeons420 so I'll be leaving now. Good luck and I hope someday it'll reward you for what your doing.

It's gonna have too, just get er sprayed first. Have you got an empty glass jar? Then do a google search for trimming clone leaves and look at the images that come up. Lots of them but basically you're cutting about 1/3-1/2 off of the ends. I don't touch the new growth at the very top, but as I said, I'm a rookie too.

You are in good hands with Pigeons420 so I'll be leaving now. Good luck and I hope someday it'll reward you for what your doing.

Beaver you're as valuable as I am. Don't go too far! Let's see if we can get this girl back on feet shall we?

It has drooped and shriveled quite a bit. I got the glass on top and propped it up a bit from one side. Personally I don't think it can come back from that. But what do I knw it's the first time I've grown anything

Well, expect the worst and hope for the best.

Every failed attempt I've had I've been able to follow it up with greatness. I believe strongly that failure is necessary to appreciate success.

Your next grow will be phenomenal.

Couldn't thank both of you enough for the help and kind word. About buying new seeds, in Pakistan an ounce of good Canadian bud or kush is selling for 1.5K USD and people are buying. So nobodys giving me any seeds they find. I got a Mix of schiatsu LSD or something and a bunch of other strains, got about 15+ seeds left, but don't knw which seed is which strain. Online seedbanks Charge a lot to ship here. And customs usually confiscates the shipment.

Back
Top Bottom