Heat Help

Looks like part of my post didn't make it. Sorry about that.

Recently I have had a rise in temps in my grow tent. (91) when my normal is around 79. I am growing a green crack strain that is sadly in the 7th week of 12s. I got about 80% of the plant showing the normal heat stress signs. Wondering if you all could share some knowledge of the effects on the upcoming harvest.

IMG_121528.jpg

IMG_121127.jpg

Looking now I think overwatering combined with some heat stress... any thoughts?

Your probably right. I'm not familiar with any 12week green crack phenotypes. Mine was always ready by the end of the 8th week. Either way, they do look pretty bad. I might flush them and give them a week with just water and then chop them (at least the ones that look like the plants in the pictures above). If any of them get alot worse over the week, then I would chop those down asap before they dry out on the stalk.

Sorry I meant that they were in a 12 hour light cycle. They hit 7th weeks flower Sunday. I tried to compensate with the upcoming heat wave with overwatering. Got the wilts on the leaves and still the burns. I'm flushing now adding some sea weed extract and hoping for the best. Work on some air movement ideas as well.

If I am babying it to recover would anyone suggest a different light schedule? I'm on the standard 12 on 12 off.

I would keep the light schedule the same. They are almost finished. Any change in lights could change that fact.

I used to weigh everything up and keep and journal on every plant... All grow buckets were set up at the same weight(dry mix).. Doing this, I knew exactly how much water each bucket could hold.. and i knew how much evaporated in the grow environment.. Doing it this way i found the sweet spot for watering.. You would have to let one plant go untill it should signs it needs water and that would be your buffer zone for the last week flowering giving it just a little more.. Everything is determine by the grow rooms environment from humidity to the temperature... Ive used coco fiber mixed with clay pellets.. 3to1...

I no longer grow in a soil medium.. I do the buckets... sog gets me half pound on 4 sq feet..

philips 40w led.. 15000 lm j/k.... but its out there......
P.s.. Dont get caught up in the led frenzy... These lighting company's are buying bad leds and puttng them in the light fixtures... You can see the tests on youtube... Im not saying they are all doing it.. But the rejects are getting sold on ebay...

That don't look like heat stress to me...

May take a look at PH issue's which might be causing a lock out or could be a feeding problem for em to look like that & may swing to the micro nutrient side of things.

I agree with Fuzzyduck. Looks like a PH issue that caused feeding problems. quick question...how long have they been looking like that? just curious as it seems to be in the latest stage of the deficiencies.

Hmm, I'll look into the ph. Just didn't think that much into that as this is my 4th grow using same routine of feeding and RO filter. These batch grew much taller than the other strains, hence my heat stress thoughts.

If you buy a decent fertilize(designed for tomatoes).. You can only under fert your garden.. Anything too much will show up on the tips of your leaves. These fertilize are balanced perfect for MJ and when mix properly will give you the perfect ph level..

When your combining ferts.. Then you leave the door open to uncertainty.. There is a saying KISS.... and dont believe the hype...

Ive seen excellent results keeping it simple.. the health of the plant was amazing.. the thickness and texture of the leaves where like no other...

Ill argue that any day... i have the pics to prove it... the only additive i put to it was seaweed on the 1st week of a 2 week flush....

Plant prod ultimate all purpose 20-20-20 $8 1kg
bloom boost 0-50-30 $15 160g

Ive started plants in a bubbler with these ferts for 4 wks using half of what was recommended... All was good...

If your very paticular in your journals.. You will master this technique the first time around.

Back
Top Bottom