Giving this a shot - Help!

Smokinwolf32

I have a single plant that started outdoors until we hit our first frost a few weeks ago. I transplanted my lady indoors and have been keeping her on 24hrs light. She started showing signs of flowering before the transplant and hoping she'll snap back to veg but is still showing signs of flower. She also has reddish stalk and stems to the fan leaves. Ive heard this to be a nitrogen or manganese deficiency. Any help with these issues would be great.

The dark stems are probably caused by the cool temps- I wouldn't worry about them as long as the plant seems healthy. The plant obviously would be started flowering cause of the daylight hours this time of year. It may take it quite a while to revert to vegging again. Minimum a couple weeks and then it will be sending up strange looking foliage for quite a while after that, but eventually she'll come around.

Thanks for the tips. It's been about 3 weeks now of her being indoors in 68-70 degree temps with 24hr light cycle. Lower fan leaves are yellowing. Trying to embed photos, can't seem to figure that out.

20151009_123147.jpg

Hmmm. I sure don't see any sign of revegging. Either it has autoflowering tendencies, or is just stubbornly stuck flowering. Maybe best to let it flower, and try to reveg it later (if it's not an auto). Purple stems can be genetic. Another thing that could be causing it is overwatering, or underfeeding. Make sure they do the full wet- dry cycle before watering. It does look a bit hungry but overwatering can cause that look too as roots can't work properly.

Hmmm. I sure don't see any sign of revegging. Either it has autoflowering tendencies, or is just stubbornly stuck flowering. Maybe best to let it flower, and try to reveg it later (if it's not an auto). Purple stems can be genetic. Another thing that could be causing it is overwatering, or underfeeding. Make sure they do the full wet- dry cycle before watering. It does look a bit hungry but overwatering can cause that look too as roots can't work properly.

Thanks, that's helpful info. Can I reveg after flower?

Also, not sure if this is a veg thing or not but the flowering hasn't escalated much since she was brought inside but she has gotten much taller and so have the small branches. Not sure if I should flip to 12/12 or just let her be for a while.

That's a tough one. - if you think she's stalled on flowering and starting to reveg then best to carry on revegging. The pic is a bit blurry so I can't see the top bud. It will start making more small leaves and strange growth coming out of the bud if it's starting to reveg, and generally look more leafy and less flowery.
Yes I've revegged quite a few plants after harvesting. It won't work on an auto flower. I leave about the bottom third of the plant intact after taking pretty well all the good buds, and put it back under 18/6 lighting

Yes it's revegging :thumb: you can see those little dark green leaves coming out of the buds and some strange growth starting up. It will grow single bladed leaves, then three bladed ones, and eventually revert to a normal vegging plant.

Sweet! That's a releif. I'll keep her on 24hr then. Any tips on nutes at this point? After she survived transplant, I gave her an 18.18.21, that was about 2 weeks ago(I've been in California since) and gave her another dose yesterday. Should I keep this up bi-weekly?

Hmmm... I'm not really a good one to ask about this. The plants I have revegged were post harvest and I treated them pretty much as young vegging seedlings because they had very little foliage left. I would guess you'd want to just treat it as a regular vegging plant but maybe use a light feeding amount, like 1/4-1/2 strength, because it's not in a heavy growth stage. I'm just guessing though :)

Hmmm... I'm not really a good one to ask about this. The plants I have revegged were post harvest and I treated them pretty much as young vegging seedlings because they had very little foliage left. I would guess you'd want to just treat it as a regular vegging plant but maybe use a light feeding amount, like 1/4-1/2 strength, because it's not in a heavy growth stage. I'm just guessing though :)

Thanks for all the help!

Could use some nutrition help if any one has any suggestions on what to feed a plant that has gone back to veg after early onset flowering.

I think if you do a search about revegging plants you'll find some info. The 420 search function is a bit weird sometimes so I often use google, but put the term '420 in there. :thumb:

Thanks for all the help! Much love. Had a friend look at her too and suggested that even tho she's back in veg, it's still best to push her to flower and just keep a very close eye on the pH.

I think that if it's revegging now (it is) I personally wouldn't re-flower it, since you'll be waiting another two or weeks at least for it to start flowering again, and it will be starting the flowers from scratch. In four weeks you might be back to where you were three weeks ago. At least if you let her reveg you can grow her bigger, and build up a better root system before flowering again, which will give you a healthier plant and more buds. It might be nice for the plant to have a straight growth period for a while as it spend a lot of time and energy switching gears already. I wouldn't expect yield to be very good if it has to struggle back in to flowering mode , with the same old foliage and root system she's been running off of.
Since I haven't done this type of reveg/re flower though- I could be wrong- it's just my guess. Good luck with it whatever you do :thumb:

That was also my thinking and hadn't made the switch just yet. I know she won't make a good mom at this point, which was my original plan, so now it's become more of an experiment. A trial and error with a single lady rather than multiple and not understanding why yield is so low. I'll keep her in veg until the end of the month then switch over.

I'd veg until it's growing normal multi-bladed leaves again which will take a few weeks, at which point it will be building roots, transplant it to a bigger pot and let it run for a week or two then flower. It will be quite bushy after the reveg and you'll have material for cuttings galore, if that's what you want. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom