Colloidal silver sex change

rhetorrikz

Hey guys after some info here
Iv been spraying 30 ppm coloidal silver on a small female clone im starting to see some change and im wondering will she throw nanners or will actual male pollen sacks form ? And will these usually form in the nodes first or will they burst out through the top of the plant ? This is a photo of the girl id like to pollinate and the coloidal silver test subject :thanks:
2015-11-26_07_25_47.jpg
2015-11-26_07_26_25.jpg

Never done it myself I just have book knowledge. I am interested in the results...please keep posting pics.

How long are you into this? My understanding is 2 weeks should be good and you can stop even if you don't see them yet.

Hmm not sure.. i might start with another clone spray it while lights are 18/6 for a week first, then move it to the flower room spraying it through its transition ? Scary to put it in there tho..
As mentioned earlier its possible we started this experiment too late.. I wont cull her off just yet tho, ill keep this thread going for anyone interested

Actually I think it wouldn't matter too much to put her in the flowering room. Even if she did cross pollinate it would just be fems from 2 different plants which may actually be very nice fems. And you would not get so much from one hemi branch tip to cause a serious catastrophe.

It is different when the whole plant is going male on you then yeah it is a mess before you realize it. But one side branch in the corner away from the fan wont hurt much. you can place a sandwich bag over it to help prevent pollen blowing around. When I used to breed I would pinch off all but a few male sites and put bags around them with twist ties and collect pollen in the same space as my girls no problemo. Then I could use the pollen when I wanted on the females I choose.

Anyway I was just saying I think you have to stop the silver, then it comes back with some shemales. But I have not done it just read about it a few times a long while back.

Thanks for all the pics and update though!!!! :thumb:

Ok a clone was spayed again with cs around 10 weeks ago.
Sprayed cs a few days before fliping to 12/12 and continued for 10 days .. moved the plant away and kinda forgot about it.. no balls appeared, but nanners did form from within the calyxes.

So now im wondering will these nanners (about 20) provide enough viable pollen ?
And how should i dry / store it untill use?

20160622_191947.jpg

20160622_194247.jpg

I was reading a thread by TheNuttyProfessor just yesterday. He was using a 40ppm spray and had no results after some number of days where he expected some. He poked a few holes with a needle and they made some nice pollen sacs. The link to that thread is in his signature.

From what I've read you need at least 50 ppm spray. Also you start to spray as soon as you see female sex characteristics.

Keep us posted on how your girls do. I hope they turn for you.

Thanks guys. Yeah ill have to try again with a stronger cs solution. My 30 ppm cs was the strongest i could find locally, the stubborn plants did react but didnt fully turn and grow balls.

So the bannanas will have some pollen in them right . Im thinking they need to air and dry out a touch, then i could mash them up and dust them when im ready to try and polinate another identical clone.

Right now im hesitant to be working with pollen because i have a full flower room nearing harvest. I dont think i could pollenate a branch now at around 50 days flower.. i read its about 6 weeks for a viable seed to form?

Back
Top Bottom