First time need help

20160412_100000.jpg

View image in gallery

Hi lustnbudz,

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community of members! From what I can tell from the pictures, I think I would wait another week or 10 days at a minimum. I would anticipate more of the pistils to turn brownish and buds themselves to fatten up a some.

Be well and happy growing.

Agreed. What strain are you running? Indica or sativa? How long have they been flowering? Soil or hydro?
Most people wait till their pistils are more than 40% brown/red before they harvest.
Do you have a pocket microscope? If not I highly suggest picking one up to get a better look at the trichomes.
the bright green is tangerine dream and girl scout cookies i dont have a microscope but i have a magnifying glass im also running organic fox farn soil with hydrogen pelets

From what I read Tangerine Dream is typically ready to harvest in 70 days. Girl Scout 9-10 weeks.
From appearance, they still look like they have some time to me because the pistils are still nice and white, also the flowers look like they still have room to grow... I would guess they're going to be a lot fatter then they are now too :)

Also, have you tried to put your cellphone in zoom, with the magnifying glass right up to it, and take a photo? You may be able to get trichome pics that way. I use a jewelers scope thing, and my phone on zoom together!

50 days of 12 n 12. Prolly 40 days since buds started to form. I try to move my lights twice a day to get more coverage im hoping thebuds fatten up. I think they will. Its my first grow i wanna scrog next time. I think i had alot of stretching

lustnbudz,

You asked a couple postings ago about the microscope. I've heard folks say that they have found some decent USB scopes through Amaz** for, I think I'm remembering under or around, $20. I use a handheld 60-100x power viewer from Radio Shack (before they shut down my local store) that was $10-$12.

Ya i try to get them as close as possible and rotate them a few times a day... I think im a couple weeks from harvest the buds seem to be fattening up.

Thanks for the info bro! Ya i checked your grow journal and man it looks good. Who said floro grows are weak haha i havent been keepibg track of the days but im hoping they grow more hopefully i get a few ounces off each. My next grow i was thinking of using led mars 2 300 or 600 or 2 300 wwithmy t5 and cfls . hows the yeild lookin in thr blue dream

Goes to show you cant assume. Everyone loves to grow! Wow what watt cfls? Im thinking of white widow n northern lights maybe gdp.

Back
Top Bottom