Just began the flowering stage and it's not going too well - Advice is most needed

Dmartz28

I started the flowering stage on Thursday, 3 day's later I have a droopy plant that looks much less full and healthy then what I had last week. I noticed right away, after day 1 that is was looking well - I thought maybe I had overwatered it so I went 2 days with no water and that didn't solve the issues.

Judging by my pic's does anyone have any tips or advice? I'm seeing the drooping leaves towards the sides and top.

image10573.jpeg
image10574.jpeg

^^^ What Richard said. Definitely should be up-potted even if it isn't root bound yet. What is your growing medium? It looks a little dark in the pictures, it's not soggy is it? Just wondering if maybe it was an oxygen issue at the roots.

Re: Just began the flowering stage and it's not going too well - Advice is most neede

Drowning roots can also make the leaves claw!

Seems like a bit too much water to me as well, leaves seem to pointing down to the wet roots, 2 days maybe not that much for them to dry out completely.

Move the plant into a bigger container and compare the weight before watering. Don't water until the pot is that dry again.

:circle-of-love:

Re: Just began the flowering stage and it's not going too well - Advice is most neede

Thank you to all of you, much appreciated. I'm definitely going to place it into a bigger pot, that's been on my agenda. In terms of space looking dark I took this pic with the lights moved a bit, she gets 5 CFL's I don't really think that's the problem. I'm going to let her dry out for at least 3-4 days, I do believe I was overwatering.

Any other suggestions are always appreciated.

Does anyone know when I should switch to 12/12? It's one day over 5 weeks, I'm working with somewhat limited space as well.

You could switch over to 12/12 now then if your have limited space. Generally they will double in size during the stretch at the start of flowering. How tall are they now and how tall would you like them to get? Also, what are the dimensions of your grow space and how much room do you have before the plant gets to close to the lights?

Hey dick23rk thanks for the help. I would say it's about 18inches tall give or take. In terms of room with the lights, I'm fine there, just don't want a monster plant. What size pot do you recommend? Would a 12 or 18 inch diameter work? Does it look predominately healthy and growing well toy you?

Yes it seems to be growing fine for 5 weeks. I would say go for a 2 or 3 gallon pot.

Yes I agree, for a plant that size I would use a three gallon pot. When in flowering they'll use a little less water because the lights are off more. And obviously when you transplant to a bigger pot it's a good idea to go easy on the watering till they grow into it. Good luck. :thumb:

I will also add a +1 for 3 gallon as that is what my candy canes are in and don't mind it at all. Also there is some nitrogen toxicity as Snid mentioned, I am experiencing it with one of my plants and just fed it the micro nutes (seems to be clearing). Cheers and best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Llama bomb - how can you tell that there is a nitrogen problem? Is this from me adding too many nutrients?

Tips pointing down is biggest tell tale.... if they point down and you haven't watered recently then generally to much nitrogen. Also I didn't get a good look at the color of the plant since I'm on my phone... but if she's dark green, guaranteed nitrogen. Could be pH of medium or nutes are not correct and has locked out other stuff or yes that strain might have not liked the dose you have fed. As said try a feeding of the micros only or just water.... I would try just micro first so you don't develope anything else. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Good luck I'm watching your grow.thanks for shareing.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using 420

The leaves don't look quite as dark as my lower fan leaves looked. Seems to me it may have just been an overwatering issue? Leave tips will turn down from this as well from lack of oxygen. Someone please correct me if I have misinformed. One other thing to look for with nitrogen toxicity if you aren't sure is the tips of the leaves turning a more dark green compared to the rest of the leaf. Also if they start to appearing to look like fake plastic leaves, this could be a sign as well. Hope all is going well with this issue now, I wasn't around much the past couple days. Best of luck over there!

Thanks to everyone that helped me out earlier. Quick update...

image11142.jpeg
image11140.jpeg

hi sorry to post here .im still working out how 2.need some help please im a newbie and started my first grow with a 10 by 10 by 10 tent with 3 600s and a 1200led and a 150cfl.i have intake fan 10 inch and a exurst fan 12inch and 2 circle fans.i have 20 plants in tent veged for 8 weeks then turned down to flower 25 days in flower i tryed to do a scrog but when i turned down lights thay just keeped on growing up.eny help would be excellent my buds look to small for 25 days flower i dont no wot strain we have .stems have got exremelly long please look and eny advice would help this is my first grow thankyou in advance everone.
DSCN072210.jpg
DSCN07219.jpg

Back
Top Bottom