Ph'd water for flushing

matscom

Hi all
If im growing in coco I need a ph of 5.8 for the plant to absorb all the nutrition. right! So...
Does the water when im flushing(still in veg) need to be ph'd to 5.8 even though its got no nutes in it or would this upset the inner workings of said plant if i didn't bring it down to 5.8?
Thanks in advance matt

Nope and Nope.

5.8 is ideal for part of the growth cycle and people find it easier to try and target that but for specific uptake (say you need more calcium) you run it up. In veg closer to 6.2 is ideal. Near the very end of bloom closer to 5.6 is better. But that is getting a little advanced. But understand the plant is going through a complete life cycle from being a baby to an invalid bed ridden elder. The nutrient requirements change and the whole point of the pH is mobility so targeting the things you want it to take on helps.

No the water does not need to be pH'd when flushing but you never want to shock the plant so back off slowly.

Good luck!
:thumb:

Nutrient_Uptake_and_pH1.jpg

Cheers pal, I believe I've got a bit of nute burn/N toxicity so am going to flush til the EC is same out as going in and that question kept coming to me.
Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420

Back
Top Bottom