Help vegging? 12hrs HPS plus 6hrs windowsill

grino21

Re: second grow - White Widow x Big Bud

Okay so I've started 5 more wwxbb feminised seeds they've germinated and are on my window sill. They are in jiffy pellets at the moment. I've also got another 5 wwxbb day 25 flowering in my tent. I was just hoping for some advice if anyone can help that'd be great.

The plan was to veg these whilst the others finish flowering then put these other 5 in the tent. Seen as though my lights are on for 12 hours I may aswell use that to my advantage and place my 5 seedlings in there from 10pm to 10am then before lights go of put my veg lot in the windowsill for another 6-8hrs hours then I could just pop them somewhere in darkness for 4-6 hours til my lights come back on again at 10pm. The big question is will this work for the next 4 - 5 weeks until my others are done. I have plastic cups and another 5 fabric dirt pots 17l prepped with canna terra soil. Was just going to have them grow in plastic cups for 5 weeks until they can go in the tent permanently and be transplanted to the fabric pots otherwise they won't fit in the tent to receive the 12 hours light 10pm to 10am 600w hps.

It's been baffling me as to Wether I can do this so if anyone can help that would be excellent.:)))

20160430_125937.jpg

Here's a pic of the girls

It will work if you can keep their photoperiod consistent.
I do the opposite with our short(ish) days: outdoor sunlight for 12-14 hours, then under lights for a total of 18 hours.
5 weeks sounds like a long time in cups for plants already above ground. Something like 4L pots would be better, IMO.

Hmm not sure what size cups they are I'll have to check. If not then I'll have to buy some small plastic pots. Thanks for the info buddy I'll go ahead with my plan then :thumb:

By the way I was going to do that and use direct sunlight in back garden but scared incase I bring bugs in to my grow room.

Back
Top Bottom