Does this bud look weird or normal?

Newnugz

Hey so I have a dark angel plant that is almost 9 weeks 12/12 and it's a 8 week strain so it should be in the zone now. A green crack growing beside it went Hermie but I believe I caught it in time as it had no seeds and I chopped her and went through her. She was done anyways so the weed is great. I trimmed a bud off the dark angel and manicured and I gotta say the dope looks just.... Weird. It's calyxes are all swollen and very INDIVIDUAL it's like each calyx is separated from each other and independent. It has not made a solid fused bud more like a cluster. I know your all thinking duh it's a male but no this thing is definitely female. Also it has less pistils like each one doesn't have a pistil. Is it pollinated and the seeds just are super early still in development? Is this just how some strains are? Is this a response to heat?
IMG_20160430_190222494.jpg
IMG_20160430_190148874.jpg

I don't think that's foxtailing. When they are pollinated the pistils retract or so I have been told. I am thinking some pollen got to them.

Looks like foxtailing to me my last girls did it when i stressed the crap out of them with with inconsistent temps. I do want to say that it is a misconception that the pistils retract when pollinated and that they will retract when you get close to the end of their life. Ive had hermies and non hermies and if you watch both will have there pistils change color and shrivel and retract. Not trying to rant on and on but its our jobs as cannabis pioneers to not spread false information and to be sure we have the facts. Good vibes your way and I hope your day is filled with happiness.

Inside there doesn't really appear to be indication of seed development and it's def not male parts. To shed a little more info they did experience some heat stress. I use the outdoor air to cool and the temp change into spring etc caught me off guard and they experienced a few days of 35 before I realized I needed to change my cooling set up. It's all good now with temps at 24 but they definitely took a heat hit those few days and her leaves went terrible brown and shit it was very sad. The dope looks the same tho as it did the entire flowering the fans took the real damage but I'm sure her buds are less potent now then they would have been prolly just gonna make a bunch of honey with her. But I'm gathering this is foxtailing from heat?

Could be from heat or really any stress she had been through such as environmental fluctuations whether that be nutes ph heat and then sometimes foxtailing is more prevalent in some strains as opposed to others. The stresses can impact potency as well.

Bernie or possibly light cycle stress did you fuck with sleep cycle at anytime??v

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No light stress or light leaks cycle was good . As for potency was still rocking smoke

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had some fox tailing and i seeded a plant this winter i had two seperate grows going at the same time it looks like you have a plant that started fox tailing then got pollinated to me then you cut the bud before the seeds developed
9806effcb9c6910f3b4dc53033c1975e.jpg
heres my fox tailed un pollinated bud

Back
Top Bottom