WebbiesTerps

My buddy and I are wanting to use an empty bedroom on the top story of a four floor appartment building to grow. I have lived here for a year and just renewed my lease with him but he hasn't moved in because we decided to grow instead. I can say without a doubt I have nothing to worry about when it comes to law, landlord, and neighbors. The investment company/family I lease from is very laid back with this particular building and doesn't come around at all. As long as We haven't done serious damage to the room or started any fires we'll be good. We live in CO too so no legal trouble. The room is 10x12 ft and 7.5 ft tall. It's on the northwest side of the building and has an a window and A/C strip on the west wall. We already ordered two LED lights. I know this isn't enough light for the whole room so we are using a little more than half the room to start. We have duct and inline fans but are looking to order a 10 inch hyper fan and carbon filter this is the link to exactly what we want Hyper Fan 1" - 165 CFM + Phresh 14 CFM Carbon Filter Package. We would seal the window leaving the screen open and move the air we pull from the room out the window. We have panda film to put up over the window, will tape and light seal that but use a staple gun to put up the panda film on the walls. We are getting clones from great nursery and want to grow in soil. My questions are: is air coming in from the A/C strip and going out the sealed window proper ventilation? If we cover the floor with tarp and then tape and seal it all right above the floor board will we still run into problems with it being carpet? Should we not grow soil and invest in a hydroponics system? How many plants should we grow with the lights mentioned above? Any other input or problems you might see would be greatly appreciated thanks

You're going to be venting AC air in and exhausting it out of the window through the fan/Filter? That filter is rated for 1400CFM and your room is approx 900 cubic ft. Usually you want to replace the volume of air in the room 1-2 times per minute, so that would put you needed to move between 900-1800 CFM. So I'd say that fan set up will work.

Never heard of that light company before but they look pretty baller. Can't find many specs though.... What made you choose that light? Just curious. They are very expensive and don't seem to have very high penetration. Recommended hanging height is 6" from the canopy...

UltraDan, yep! Air coming in through the vent I can control the temp it's coming out out at too. We chose the lights after reading countless reviews and forums on all the options for LED. Literally every brand has it cons, thought we would start with two of them with the option of choosing a different brand when we can afford more.

image12777.jpeg
image12776.jpeg
image12775.jpeg

Here are pics of what I've got going in the room so far. More input from anybody would be greatly appreciated

Hard to tell what is what in th pics, but I am sure you'll do fine! My small grow room is also carpeted, and I have laid down lots of plastic and I also use plastic trays under the pots to protect the carpet. So far, no problems after growing for over a year.

No advice, other than to follow common sense and choose what works for you from all the different methods of indoor culture!

With a room that size, and no intentions to use all of it, why not just invest in a grow tent?

You'll have better control over the environment and wouldn't have to worry about covering the windows. You also would have a room that is usable more than 12 hours a day. There are some tents that are quite reasonably priced and will accommodate 2 LEDs and the plants they can feed just fine.

Your buddy could even move in and sleep in the other half of the room, too!

With a room that size, and no intentions to use all of it, why not just invest in a grow tent?

You'll have better control over the environment and wouldn't have to worry about covering the windows. You also would have a room that is usable more than 12 hours a day. There are some tents that are quite reasonably priced and will accommodate 2 LEDs and the plants they can feed just fine.

Your buddy could even move in and sleep in the other half of the room, too!

I also had considered a tent, but the shipping cost more than the price of the tent. And the local grow shop has the shipping price tacked on already. For $300+ I can buy a lot of shelving and tarps, plus lights, nutes AND seeds.

415friendly that is great idea we also took into consideration! I really wanted to start with it but my buddy makes a good point we want to eventually use the whole room and could use the money on other things right now. Here in a few months I might put a tent in my personal room

A 4 x 4 x 7 foot tent is only around $120 on Amazon.

Even if they need some light patches filled, $10 worth of duct tape could do the trick.

Keep in mind that later on, you can use the tent for veg with different light cycle and the rest of the room for flowering.

I would have bought one, but, well, it looks like a tent in my garage. I made a cabinet with doors that cost me more in materials but just looks like a storage cabinet

Back
Top Bottom