Where's the potency?

onestickz

Sup 420

Been down and out for a bit, so I haven't been posting anything think new. I'm surviving of my last grow, but that to seems to be a disappointment.
For some reason I can't get my buds to taste and have the potency I hear so much about. This last strain I grew (BB×WW) looks OK, plus I let it go a week or two longer in the flowering stage, to make sure I got a good amount of amber. This bud has been curing over a month and I have yet to have the taste I'm looking for.
After harvest, I hung dry for about 4 to 6 days, then I put it in jars to cure. I burped the jars, and still burp them til this day,just so I don't get mold, and the taste is still kind of harsh, almost chemically. I flushed for 2 weeks and have a light grey ash when it burns letting me know that I got all of the nutes out.
If anyone can help with how to fix this problem, I would very much appreciate it.
Plus, I'm looking for a very potent grow. So my question is, can you let a plant over flower to where it's no good or would that cause it to grow some REALLY POTENT BUDS. Peace ✌

Re: Where's the potency

The strain earned its 6.22 rating from seedfinder imo. Better strains bud, this will fix itself.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sunds like that's all you can get out of that strain onestickz.. Time to hunt a more potent strain!

It is all in the genetics and how you grow them.
Don't look for a cure to increase potency. Some growers swear it does. I have not found that to be the case. Taste certainly changes and the ratios of the various THC and CBD compounds will shift so you can get a different high, but stronger? Regardless, if the weed is no good going into the jar, it isn't going to be magically transformed by sitting in there for a couple of months.

Some times i think drying to quickly may trap pigments, chlorophyll etc in the plant material leading to a harsh taste/smoke effect.

I hear some people dry bud with in several days with out problems tho !

I aim for a slow air dry between 10 to 14 days most of the beginning stage the bud smells like damp hay & around the end of the first week the smell improves sweetening up, burp jars for two weeks then seal up for storage.

Potency ah might want to shop around for a better strain, look for seed breeders who may state expected THC ratio but this all really matters about optimal conditions grown under or with which may effect it.

Peak THC content is general near on 100% cloudy tric's as amber tric's means THC content is degrading into other cannabinoids/compounds.

I don't think forcing a strain to produce more amber is always a good idea if you seek the couch lock effect.

As it is far better off finding a strain of such qualities in the first place than rather to try to force it into something it is not known for !

Back
Top Bottom