A question for soil grower

Mcjoint

I planted some fem seeds a few weeks ago. This is my second grow and first time in soil. My plants are working on their 4th node how ever the leaves seem a bit small compared to my first grow. My first grow was in dwc, I under stand that growth is slower but didn't think my leaves would stay soo small.

20160615_015143.jpg
20160615_015133.jpg
20160615_015208.jpg

:thanks: Make sure the pots themselves have good drainage. They look like self-watering pots, or whatever they are called. Your little plants look like their roots are drowning. Are the plants in the smart pots doing better?

:thanks: Make sure the pots themselves have good drainage. They look like self-watering pots, or whatever they are called. Your little plants look like their roots are drowning. Are the plants in the smart pots doing better?

They are cheap regular plastic pots, they are not self watering. Yes the ones in the smart pots are doing better but they are monster cropped clones.

Shouldn't need much feed yet so something is def. going on. Make sure the drain-holes are not blocked, and that you have enough, like Mr. Richardson mentioned. Do not water very much; they don't need much at this stage.. Soil is slower but not that much.
I would think about transplanting (very carefully) into some better/new soil; leave out the manure (make sure it is well composted) for now, and start again. Remove as much of that stuff from around the root ball as possible without touching the actual roots.. Slow and steady wins the race..
That's my 2c. I usually can't leave my plants alone....

Shouldn't need much feed yet so something is def. going on. Make sure the drain-holes are not blocked, and that you have enough, like Mr. Richardson mentioned. Do not water very much; they don't need much at this stage.. Soil is slower but not that much.
I would think about transplanting (very carefully) into some better/new soil; leave out the manure (make sure it is well composted) for now, and start again. Remove as much of that stuff from around the root ball as possible without touching the actual roots.. Slow and steady wins the race..
That's my 2c. I usually can't leave my plants alone....

Apparently they were lacking nutes, I fed with with a note strength of about 300 ppm and they drastically increased growth. Even the ones in the fabric pots were growing slow untill I began to feed them.

Sweet that's good news!

Back
Top Bottom