Light green leaves

zipman

420 Member
first off I'm very new to growing but for same reason the leaves on my blue treacle seem to be very light green I'm wondering if this is normal the plant is 3 days old under a 250 light with coco soil I thanks for any help in this matter

leaves0-ts1466254959.png

leaves1-ts1466255076.png

thanks for the help

Hello zipman and welcome to :420:

At 3 days old you don't really want to be watering your plant if the soil was pre moistened before the seed was planted, your medium does look very wet and this could cause problems. I may be mistaken but that is the way it looks in your pictures. Let the soil dry out and it will encourage the plant to shoot out roots in search of water, then once the soil is dry and the pot is light water again, rinse repeat and everything will be fine :thumb:

Hello zipman and welcome to :420:

At 3 days old you don't really want to be watering your plant if the soil was pre moistened before the seed was planted, your medium does look very wet and this could cause problems. I may be mistaken but that is the way it looks in your pictures. Let the soil dry out and it will encourage the plant to shoot out roots in search of water, then once the soil is dry and the pot is light water again, rinse repeat and everything will be fine :thumb:

Absolutely!!! The biggest mistake most of us make early on in our growing is over watering!!! Let them dry out till the pot is light. Pick it up now and feel the weight. When it is dry it will be much lighter. :peace:

thank you all so much we live to learn and thanks to you guys i have learnt right away the errors of my ways how long into a grow should you water a plant

A new seedling like that in a moist cup should be ok for at least a week maybe 2.. Like supergroomer said, when the cup (or pot or whatever) feels nice and light when you pick it up, give it some water. As it gets bigger, it will use more water more quickly. But when they are very small they need light and fresh air more than lots of water.. It'll be fine! Just keep an eye on it. If it looks too wet, it probably is. MJ hates being "wet" for long periods.
Have fun!

hi all sorry for asking what might seem dumb questions but i keep feeling im doing something wrong after 4 days the plant looks like below, how close to the plant should the lamp be 250 this early into its life and should i have a fan blowing on her?

thanks again for any help

Hello Zipman there's no such thing as a stupid question, except maybe the one that remains unasked ;)

Your plant is looking fine and happy to me, it's praying towards the light without stretching so the light must be at a good distance for the plant currently. You may have slightly stunted the growth with the over watering but seeing her as she is she looks like she's getting over it ok. Cute little things aren't they? :)

Yep. That looks fine. Nice and green. Patience, my man. Believe me, we all know how much it sux always waiting til tomorrow to see what happens..! In a month you'll look at this photo and wonder where the time went...

how the 2 top leaves have gone into a v pointing up is this ok or am i wrong in thinking a little water and move the light up abit:thanks:

No more water for now! It'll be fine. It's reaching for the light. It's a healthy seedling!
:thumb:

thanks for the help all im now worrying about the heat of the plant in its grow tent it goes as high as 30c and some times 35c never higher unless i close her door then its 45c i cant put a intake fan in without smashing a hole in the wall but that would only bring attention where its not needed she is coming upto her 3 week and i really need to get this right for a trial the reason being, i had just spent the past 3yrs in hospital after a nasty motobike crash with a drunk driver the hospital has me on almost 60 pills aday and ive started to feel like a smartybox for the past year and none of the pills help with bone pain im now living with. while the drunk driver just vanished he was released to return the next day that was 3yrs ago, but not to be putting my sad story for sympathy but with the help of you all im hoping to have my very first plant that they say helps with stress.. thanks again all

Those temps are pretty high but your plant is showing no signs of heat stress. The sides of each leaf would 'taco' and the leaves would look like canoes. I don't know how but those plants are looking healthy, maybe your thermometer is wrong :thumb:

Where is the tent? Where else can you get air from? What kind of extraction do you use? Kriaze nailed it (again!); that plant looks great so you don't have to worry right now.. You shouldn't need to "force" air in for example..

a bit worried about the yellow on the leafs can anyone tell me from this picture whats wrong first i thought it was light burn so i moved the lights up higher then i thought its the ph level but that seems to be ok around 6.5 to 7

20160708_004935.jpg

santb hidden under the stairs with a big vent at the door and a bigger vent in another room, a carbon filter blowing out the front vent,
Kriaze now have the temp down to about 78.
thanks as aways for any help in improving my know how.

What CannaM said... Just looks like new growth. It'll get greener as it goes...

Back
Top Bottom