Slow growth?

Jonnsmoke

Three seeds planted same time, one is thriving and the other it surviving and other one in the middle. using a cupboard as grow room. Bout 1'x1.5', temp 27C and humidity around 40%. Small exhaust fan and oscillating fan intake fan. Using 3 23w, 100w equivalent daylight cfls, 1450 lumens each and 6500k on 18/6. Started using a 13w 2700k in place of one of the others because temps were over 32C and seedlings were canoeing and very dry. One plant it's on third set of true leaves and growing pretty well, 2nd is on second set of true leaves and doing okay but was burnt pretty badly but seems to be repairing well. 3rd one got burnt making its 2nd set of true leaves and I had to cut them off and really hasn't improved very much over a week of lower temps. I will post pics. I am using medi one as nutrition and regular potting soil with no special fertilizers. Ph is about 6-7 they sprouted on May 31

Re: Slow growth

Yeah get some pics up but sounds like maybe not enough light?? BUT More light = more heat = need more ventilation...
What sort of extraction fan you using?

cfls only for clones bro. probably using all available light too but how the fk u burn them with cfl loool
they just stressed n fixing there self by looks. side arms or lower branches should be still growing.

Id re think your hole grow roo. get a 400w metal or hps or even a 200w and have those cfls for clones or side lights.

look like not enough light and maybe fixing there self from the stress.

I disagree with Rixsta..saying cfl's are only for clones or side light...my last grow I did was 1 Blackberry Kush with 300 watts cfl total..grew it in a 5 gal smart pot used Fox Farm nutrients and soil..veged for 5 weeks flowerd for 11 weeks and harvested 170 grams dried..so it can be done..if you watch your plant and know your Strain she will tell you what's wrong..like yours,stems are stretch cause there trying to reach the light and the slow growth because there not enough light..I'm not saying I'm right or that I know everything but I have learned a lot on 420 mag by asking question or reading other people problems..
20160405_004318.jpg
20160405_052911.jpg
20160405_060225.jpg
20160405_060649.jpg

LED would be great for a small grow. Less heat, more light... But yeah.. CFL fine for now. Put more in and vent better.. Rixsta not really wrong; he's just sayin get better light also!
And don't forget to watch the water.. They don't want much right now.
Also, don't feed yet, esp if they are stressed. That won't help.. The canoeing mite be toxicity, esp. if your potting mix has built in nutes... And too much nutes will DEFINITELY stress/slow/stunt new seedlings. Look up soil growing on 420mag.. Plenty of us do it; tons of info here, from basic to super-complicated full-brown DIY everything 'organics'...

I've seen tons of impressive plants on CFLs, no need to upgrade the lights, but you could get a better grow. There are LED lights that screw into a standard socket and you can get them for around $20-25 USD. If you stay with CFL, position the bulbs so the sides are facing the plants, most of the light comes off the sides.

Could be just the light distance from the plants effecting growth...

CFL suffer badly with the inverse square law of light effect & you really need cfl with in a few inches from plant tops for optimal growth :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom