Yellow leaves - Nitrogen deficiency?

Would be nice to see the whole plant to make a proper diagnosis. From what I can see you have a very small touch of nute burn on the tips; however, the other leaves look nice and green and healthy. It could be something simple such as lack of light to those lower leaves, the plant does look bushy.
Also the bottom leaves are the ones that often suffer the most, no matter how good a grower you are. Lower leaves seem to have suicidal tendencies :thumb:

Would be nice to see the whole plant to make a proper diagnosis. From what I can see you have a very small touch of nute burn on the tips; however, the other leaves look nice and green and healthy. It could be something simple such as lack of light to those lower leaves, the plant does look bushy.
Also the bottom leaves are the ones that often suffer the most, no matter how good a grower you are. Lower leaves seem to have suicidal tendencies :thumb:

ok thx will post whole plant pic,check in 3-4 hours later , i also have light burn on top of the plant (bulbs where too close)

your first reaction was correct... the bottom two leaves starting to yellow indicates a mobile deficiency, and since at this stage N is what they need most, it is an easy deduction that it is N being craved.

Why is the question.

For me, when these two leaves go, I know it is time to up-pot. Could you be seeing the starting signs of being root bound? I think it is worth considering before over reacting.

The next thing to watch for is magnesium. If the spotting starts appearing in the middle of the leaves, or the ends crinkle up and die before the whole leaf yellows, or if this problem appears up higher in the plant... then it is more serious and you might have to add something. For now, it just looks like she needs more room and some fresh soil under her feet.

your first reaction was correct... the bottom two leaves starting to yellow indicates a mobile deficiency, and since at this stage N is what they need most, it is an easy deduction that it is N being craved.

Why is the question.

For me, when these two leaves go, I know it is time to up-pot. Could you be seeing the starting signs of being root bound? I think it is worth considering before over reacting.

The next thing to watch for is magnesium. If the spotting starts appearing in the middle of the leaves, or the ends crinkle up and die before the whole leaf yellows, or if this problem appears up higher in the plant... then it is more serious and you might have to add something. For now, it just looks like she needs more room and some fresh soil under her feet.

thanks for reply, i think i need to up pot thats right
im using organic nutrients, N-5%, P205-4%, K2o-7%, i think i might have to increase ratio, from 0.7ml- 1 liter water to???

follow the recommendations per the age of your plant as far as the nutes go. I only change one thing at a time in my gardens so that I can see the effect from that change. Up-pot and see how they like that. Your goal is to see the green start to return on those damaged leaves. If you can see that, you know that they are
1. happy again and
2. getting enough nutes from the new soil (or they wouldn't backfill nutes into already written off leaves)

learn to read your plants and see their needs, and never ever ever decide to change something like the ratio of your nutes, just based on a feeling. Wait for the plants to tell you that they need more... it is not critical that you move so fast in this hobby that you are trying to anticipate problems... these are plants.

You have the ability to move thousands of times faster than your plants. That doesn't mean that you should. Slow down, do one thing at a time and see what happens. Patience. That is the key to becoming a master gardener. Learning how to slow down enough that you can actually have a conversation with your plants is your goal. Make this one change. Sit back for a day and see if you can notice the difference it causes. Once you do, you will realize that you are communicating. This is how it should work, the plant asks, you respond. So many gardeners think it works the other way... that we pump nutes and demand the plants perform. How much better things work when we realize that we are receiving a gift from our plants... if they choose to give it.

follow the recommendations per the age of your plant as far as the nutes go. I only change one thing at a time in my gardens so that I can see the effect from that change. Up-pot and see how they like that. Your goal is to see the green start to return on those damaged leaves. If you can see that, you know that they are
1. happy again and
2. getting enough nutes from the new soil (or they wouldn't backfill nutes into already written off leaves)

learn to read your plants and see their needs, and never ever ever decide to change something like the ratio of your nutes, just based on a feeling. Wait for the plants to tell you that they need more... it is not critical that you move so fast in this hobby that you are trying to anticipate problems... these are plants.

You have the ability to move thousands of times faster than your plants. That doesn't mean that you should. Slow down, do one thing at a time and see what happens. Patience. That is the key to becoming a master gardener. Learning how to slow down enough that you can actually have a conversation with your plants is your goal. Make this one change. Sit back for a day and see if you can notice the difference it causes. Once you do, you will realize that you are communicating. This is how it should work, the plant asks, you respond. So many gardeners think it works the other way... that we pump nutes and demand the plants perform. How much better things work when we realize that we are receiving a gift from our plants... if they choose to give it.

thx for the answer, i will up-pot, i wanted to add more nutes just to save her, i think it wont die so soon :)
i will up-pot, and update this topic as soon as i can (tomorrow)

*update

top leaves burned (light burn?!, seems my brother doesnt really listen to me:( )

i took a lot of pics, heres the link to this
gallery

PS:sorry for my english :(

I tend to lollipop my plants all the lower smaller growths and fan leaves get pulled before I bloom... Having a problem with curling leaves what would you guys say this would be
420-magazine-mobile1212787210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

what pH are you adjusting to? It appears that the burning days are over and now that she has recovered, and she may now be a little hungry, especially for some of the trace minerals. I am not sure why you have decided not to feed her at all, but I think that this may be a mistake. Give them nutes, as recommended, now I think. Watch that color change carefully at the top, she is showing you with the leaves up on top starting showing signs of deficiencies. New growth is always a little lighter in color than the rest too, but this looks to be a bit too much to me... its hard to tell from pictures though.

what pH are you adjusting to? It appears that the burning days are over and now that she has recovered, and she may now be a little hungry, especially for some of the trace minerals. I am not sure why you have decided not to feed her at all, but I think that this may be a mistake. Give them nutes, as recommended, now I think. Watch that color change carefully at the top, she is showing you with the leaves up on top starting showing signs of deficiencies. New growth is always a little lighter in color than the rest too, but this looks to be a bit too much to me... its hard to tell from pictures though.
Sorry for my late answers ...
I broke my pH metter so i dont know level
Here are new pics with different dots(spots)
420-magazine-mobile892956263.jpg

420-magazine-mobile97308377.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2102418092.jpg

420-magazine-mobile150753403.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1959410749.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom