Male? I hope it's still in veg - Should I let it grow? When to do 12/12? Total dark?

Bacondoggy

Male??? :( I hope it's still in veg. Should I let it grow? when i do12/12, does the 12 darkness need to be total dark? The plants outside do not get 12 /12 so??? The plants lower leaves died bc my gf didn't take it outside (I like the suns strength), I was in the hospital 6 days .....came back it's sitting inside and the potting soil is still WAY wet. First she didn't put it outside (Outside sun is stronger plus soil would have dried out due to heat and more growth) second, she NEVER turned the grow lights bc she doesn't want to waste money (yet she leaves the AC on the whole time she's at work... WAY more energy. I think it got a lot of VERY weak light through the window see pic.

The plant is over a month old, only pinched a top off once (do you do this in flower mode?) Can I switch it now ( after I get if better again)?
420-magazine-mobile1389598323.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1311126118.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2111453015.jpg
420-magazine-mobile141437447.jpg

Re: Male??? :( I hope it's still in veg. Should I let it grow? when i do12/12, does t

Agreed with JuanCarlos!
you could switch to 12/12 for a week or so and see if he or she shows sex. Then go from there.
If you want to send it back to veg after that just increase the hours of light.
right now she isnt showing any sex as far as I can tell.
Good Luck
formerly

Re: Male? I hope it's still in veg - Should I let it grow? When to do 12/12? Total da

Frustrated with my girl when I went 2 the hospital she never turned grow lights on or took it outside and I drenched it b4 I left so it was way overwatered (still soaked when I came back 6 days later) took a couple days for me to turn it around but I finally made some headway, you can see where all the lower leaves died but you can also see all the new growth... just topped for the second time, one I filmed one I pinched @ top node to see if and any difference... thinking of throwing it in 12/12 no point in wasting time nutes etc on a male... with 12/12, does 12 hrs of darkness have to be total darkness? Also, is it OK for light to shine and hit the bottom of the leaves? If I get a stronger "ufo" light, I was thinking of having the weaker led lights shining on the sides to get more penetration. With a 150w "ufo" that's unbranded, and having a true 80 -120w from the wall, should be overkill almost for 1 plant, but in the future, how much could that grow/flower? 2-4 plants?
420-magazine-mobile527145312.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1581254396.jpg
420-magazine-mobile693261083.jpg

Re: Male? I hope it's still in veg - Should I let it grow? When to do 12/12? Total da

More light can never be bad. That is unless you get them to close or build up to much heat.
Shes looking pretty good now.
Total darkness is recommended but I have been a little lax in some of my grows with out any ill effects.
That said if you get a hermie from irregular light exposure she'll stress go to seed and degrade the quality of you finished product.
Hope this helps.
formerly

Yeah been pretty bad with consistency. My girl hates when i take it outside anymore and if i do i think im only going to let it out for a few hours bc the new growth tends to get sunburnt if out long... is 3 hours about right?
420-magazine-mobile1160128474.jpg

You can still see the bad growth from when i was jn the hospital i hope that alone didnt cause it too much stress

Back
Top Bottom