Hey - I have a little problem with my plant xdd

Troublemaker

420 Member
Tomorrow, day 25, will make exactly 3 weeks after i put the seed in the soil... i see other plants on internet and in week 3 the plants are much bigger than mine, i will show you some photos of mine.... in the 1st and a half week the plant grow well but since then, the plant is growing to slow and i didnt change anything...

obs: 18h light/6H dark - fluorescent light ...23w / 1380lumen=99w and a small cooler....

sry for bad english :thanks:

131213.jpg
42095.jpg

Re: Hey... i have a little problem with my plant xdd

The first thing I see is that the pot is way to big...you should start them in solo cups till they start a good root system,then to a 1 or 2 gal..the more room you give them the more they grow but if you give them to much room it will slow the growth down..so my advise to you would be to transplant it into a 1 gal pot or smaller and try that..mine are almost 3 weeks old
20160620_1918471.jpg
20160620_1918541.jpg
20160620_1918591.jpg

The roots should still grow if a pot's too big... but you do want to start small (Solo cups are great) and up-pot several times so the roots fill out the container. Otherwise they'll grow horizontally and then circle the pot, leaving wasted space in the center. Starting in too large of a pot could definitely cause problems later on if the plant can't get enough water or nutes.

Have you checked the pH? Are you in a good, aerated soil? The first 10-14 days the plant doesn't really take in any nutes, it has everything it needs for that time. If the pH is off, nutes can be locked out. It also looks like your soil is wet, you should be watering when the pot feels empty.

Also, if you can, turn that bulb so the long side is facing the plant. CFLs emit little usable light from the end. The light they emit loses strength with distance. I'd move it about 2" from the top, otherwise you're probably going to get a lot of stretch.

thank you for your replies m8...
i just have putted the light sideway now :)
i dont know how i check ph of soil because i do not have nothing to see, i just know that the water has 6 ph :(
and i dont think that is overwater :S

The water pH should be slightly higher. 6.2 to 6.7 in soil. PH vs Nutes spectrum charts

I'm not saying that's necessarily the problem, but 5.8 pH was hurting my plants early on and they barely grew. They got to the size of yours fairly quickly, then almost stopped. You can check the runoff to get a good idea of the pH of the soil, but it's not really needed. Good pH in water almost ensures good soil pH.

How often are you watering? The soil should be completely dry before watering again.

first of, welcome aboard.

well to repeat what others have said, yes you should start in a smaller cup then repot. I have experienced that stall before. it takes forever it seems to fill the pot before you get much top growth at all.

also, it does look wet.

when you think u need to water, lift the pots, get used to the weight in your hand of a wet or dry pot. 2 cm dry is highly unlikely to be enough dry soil to warrant a watering. especially for that small of a plant in that big a pot.

have fun eh

at this point I wouldn't take a chance on breaking up the roots. they will be very fine and stretching in all directions.

perhaps another who has done it will chime in to correct me.

You are getting good advise. Smaller pots actually help root development.
A plant's first goal is to develop its roots. It will first go straight down as a survival technique to insure it will find water. In a small pot, the plant hits bottom soon. It then sends feeder roots out to find both more water and nutrients. Once a good root ball is established, you up-pot and repeat. This is also why wet/.dry cycles work so well. It makes the plant develop those roots as it seeks water. Dry soil on the surface means nothing. The perched water table is at the very bottom. The biggest problem for most beginning growers is watering. A small plant in a big pot makes it very difficult to water correctly. In this kind og grow, the usual method is to give small amounts of water frequently, rather than full drenches and a plant left alone long enough to hit that dry cycle. A correctly done transplant is no biggie for cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom