Kushman420420

image13882.jpeg

Hi all new to this ! Is this normal can I do anything to prevent anymore damage

Thanks there's no sign of anything eating it and only affected on the top leaves I did top it a couple of days ago ! It's in its 3rd week above soil would a good flush help ? Thanks again

Thanks there's no sign of anything eating it and only affects the top leaves I did top it a couple of days ago ! It's in its 3rd week above soil would a good flush help? Thanks again

Thanks there's no sign of anything eating it and only affects the top leaves I did top it a couple of days ago ! It's in its 3rd week above soil would a good flush help? Thanks again

A flush probably wouldn't hurt. But if it is a deficiency, you'll want to get some nutes back in the soil. What kind of soil are you using? Most should have plenty of nutes for over a month. What size pot is it in? It's kinda hard to tell with the angle on that lens, looks tiny and far away. Also, if you haven't, check and adjust pH as needed. Too high or too low will lock out certain nutes. If the pot's too small, that might give you issues too. The roots will try to mirror the plant, so be sure to up-pot as needed.

Yh think in going to flush and re pot tonight it's in part coco part seeding soil has nuts every times its watered which is every 2 days at the moment also use a kp booster checked on roots this morning there white and healthy will upload better photos when I get in

I don't see anything that would make me want to flush it, but I'm not a coco guy. Other than that one leaf it looks pretty bang on to me. :thumb:

Thanks just a little worried things might go wrong because of the damage on the leaf is there anything that could be eating it that I can't see ? Also can heat stress cause anything like this ? Thanks again

Is there more spots like that?
It is easy to tear a leaf. Even a fan that blows the leaf against something repeatedly will do that kind of damage. Regardless, if you have a critter chewing on the leaves, flushing won't help.
When looking for pests, make sure to use good magnification (like 60X) and inspect the underside of the leaves. Many of our pests can be tiny.

Thanks just a little worried things might go wrong because of the damage on the leaf is there anything that could be eating it that I can't see ? Also can heat stress cause anything like this ? Thanks again

Thrips could cause whiteish markings, but as evenly spaced as they are, I don't think that's from any pests. Pretty sure it's a nute issue, but anything big enough to eat sections of a leaf like that should be large enough to see. Heat stress would typically cause the leaves to canoe, so probably not.

That curvy leaf makes me think pH. I had pH issues that caused curvy and deformed leaves. There was something else that could cause it too, but I forget what, as adjusting pH fixed my problem. You want to be 6.2 to 6.7 in soil... I know coco can be grown more like hydro, not sure what a mix does... I'm in soil and a newb, but I've read thousands of pages on growing.

Thanks ph is fine have flushed and repotted now see how that goes I'm wondering if it could be a slight nute burn of some kind may have been giving it a little to much as I have read that it's best to start at only half dose of nutes also forgot to mention that this is a window grow that's for the info guys Appreciate It

Nute burn doesn't look like that. It will toast the tips and/or edges of multiple leaves. A spill on a leaf can damage it but that repeating pattern is almost certainly not either of these.

sorry, I only skimmed the other answers. That is a healthy plant. You may have something eating it, or friction damage. The bugs you would need to catch, the friction damage.....cut the wind.
CAL MAG deficiency works like this:

The earliest signs include drawstring at the leaf tip. This is when the tip pulls left or right, not up or down. This show the very start of a CALCIUM deficiency, which is your first sign you are on your way to a MAG deficiency. When MAG deficiency starts to be an issue, one of your earliest signs will be a reddening of the petiole. This is the little round spot where the fingers on the leaves meet the stem of the leave. As the calmag issues gets worse, the entire stem will turn red or purple.

My suggestion....a light dose of calmag, a thorough pest inspection, and patience. You do seem to have a drawstring starting on the second last pic on the small finger just right of center. As for the damage I have never seen those types of markings in a regular pattern of damage at the same locations on both sides of the leaf. I don't know what this is, but check for bugs.

This is only my opinion....please doubt this and do a bit of research before acting on it. I do believe I am correct, though

Back
Top Bottom