Northern Lights - Outdoors

RALMAR67

I am just starting this endeavor- have 5 seedlings in peat pots- can anybody tell me how long I should wait before putting them in the ground? Any other tips would be very much appreciated- :thanks:

Re: Northern Lights- outdoors

griffon- Thanks much for your response- I currently have them in 8" commercial peat pots- I have prepared my plots by digging plots about 4' in diameter & about 2' deep & filled them in with organic garden soil- the soil if fairly loose & rich- my thought was to cut the pots down the sides & bottom& put in the soil- you mention fabric pots- where would I get something like that. Anxious to get them in the ground- they vary in height from around 2" to 9"- I'm sure I'll learn as I go along but am naturally very anxious for a good outcome my first time through-any tips from anybody would be much appreciated- my location is east central mn- about 90 miles from Can. border. RALMAR67

I'd get them in the ground...yesterday, as long as you are able to transplant them safely. The days are getting shorter so they need everything possible in their favor.

I'd get them in the ground...yesterday, as long as you are able to transplant them safely. The days are getting shorter so they need everything possible in their favor.

GOT IT!! Picking up some worm castings to mix in soil- They'll be in this afternoon- one silver lining in the dark cloud of climate change is summers are lasting into Sept these days !!:thanks:

OK- I have my plants in 5 gal pots outdoors- moving them around to take advantage of best sun- one 15" rest are catching up- the 15" is starting to flower- what are the pros & cons of using rapid gro blossom builder ? leaf feeding? Thanks much for any help. PS-the temps have been in high 80s to mid 90s, 75% humidity- seem to be thriving -OK to leave all day in direct sun?

You should look into the fabric pots..I love them I will never use anything else.therected easy to water a d they let your roots get air..all around good idea to switch...here's my babies..54 days old from seed
20160716_195605.jpg
20160716_195710.jpg

BTW..I am useing a 7 gal and a 5 gal

Back
Top Bottom