Issue during my grow

Theycallmeash

Hi guys, need some advice on whether or not I can get a decent harvest out of these plants. As soon as I received them (roughly 5 inch tall) I potted them on and put them straight on flower. I have a pic here of the one of the originals I had and one of the cuttings I purchased 2 weeks later (which is actually doing at least twice as good if not better), same feed, same light, they share the same area, but for some reason the one on the right just like all the cuttings I purchased that havmt stretched out at all, and have about 2 weeks left, sorry about the poor quality in pic

Here is my set up plenty of extraction I don't know if it has anything to do with the weather this time of year s it is the summer here in UK. If I turn off the extraction my tent gets a lot of condensation but when the extraction is on the tent is like a vaccum and sucks in on itself not to the point of collapse but it could also be a part of the problem, I don't have a fan bringing fresh air in I've simply left the one of the flaps open and fresh air is being sucked in constantly for the hours that the light is on

I've noticed today that these younger (bigger) plants fan leaves are also going down the same road, so I've pulled the light right up gonna ve it like that for a few days and I'm holding off any feed until the soil is dry about an inch from the top, should I just feed water for a couple of feeds or Cary on with how I've been feeding them?

The small plants appear to have photoperiod stress. They went into flower earlier than I would have flipped them. But then, they show the signs of trying to re-veg. I think the only way you will get a decent harvest from them is the go for the full re-veg. Did you have light/timer problems or could the tent have been left open so they got light during their dark period?

The claw and slightly burnt tips look like 'N' is high. What is your grow medium and what do you feed them?

Timer has been solid and no light is getting in, they were put straight into flower once they took root, will they grow anymore if left to flower do you think? If I'm gonna revers them there is bud all over the plant as they are about 5 weeks into it I may as well Finnish them and get a fresh batch. They are in coco and now are at 1300 ppm on my feed. Il have to post the name of feed later I'm also putting 30 ml of buddy in with the feed as I've been advised and pH has been at 6 all the way through, they were all fine but just stopped growing about 2 weeks ago I didn't expect a lot from them but didn't expect them to stop mid flower as I've been constantly keeping an eye on them thanks for your reply I could really do with getting these back on track

I don't do coco, but in my "soil" 1300 PPM is high - especially for a plant that size. I guess it depends on how often you feed vs. how often you just give water. I don't believe they will grow much more if left in flower, but the buds should continue to bulk up. I wouldn't re-veg them. It takes a long time. I'd start over or re-veg them after harvest.

The sign of re-veg is smoothish single-bladed leaves. I think that's what I'm seeing near the top of the plant. With the camera angle, droop, and claw it is difficult to tell.

OK well I plan after reading up on nitrogen toxicity to flush them over the next week, lower ppm to around 800 after that and slowly creep it up to around 900 and hope for some change, the growth has come to a stand still the past week and a half I'd say there's been no growth. I will keep the light nice and high to give them a bit of a breather. It seems to be affecting the top of these small more so my guess is it has to be partly the light being too close so here's to hoping and yet another patience test lol. This is my third grow and I've had nothing but problems but I'll get it in the end thanks again

I was originally feeding half a litre a day but was advised to up it to 2 litres a day, although I wasn't drowning the plants as the extra feed was coming through the sack and being caught, I feel I was given bad advise, what's your opinion?

Also with the flushing, should I just totally flood the soil the first time with a few litres of water as the excess will come through the sack anyway? Or just slowly feed the water through and let the roots take it in? Cheers

I'm a firm believer of "all or nothing" when it comes to watering. In early veg, I do wet/dry cycles to build the roots. A few weeks after final up-pot, I switch to wet/nearly dry cycles. My rule of thumb is about 25% of the pot volume. When in 1 gal. pots, I use about 1 qt. When in 7 gal pots, I use about 2 gal of water. The key, after a thorough drench, is to leave them alone so they dry out. Too many growers go by the top of the soil to decide when they need to water. All the moisture is in the bottom of the pot. Lift them and feel the weight. They should feel very light - lighter than you expect. Then it is time to water again.

Also with the flushing, should I just totally flood the soil the first time with a few litres of water as the excess will come through the sack anyway? Or just slowly feed the water through and let the roots take it in? Cheers

Watering and flushing takes a little time. I give them water. Wait. Then give more. The soil is like a dry sponge. It won't absorb water immediately - it just runs right through. Once the fibers are damp, then they really soak it up.

OK a bit at a time it is ty for the advice I'll leave it today as I want the soil to dry out a bit more I havnt fed them for 3 days but the soil is still damp but I have to t in the morning as I want then to get a move on lol

Me not being able to wait, I've gone and fed each plant just a little bit of water, but one I've totally drenched using about 6 litres of water just to test it out, I've been doing some reading and there is different theories of what works better with flushing in fact everything to do with growing so looks like I'm finding my own ways through experience, thank you and I hope tat plants not dead by morning lol

Hi, so I have today fed all my plants a little water to start flushing them apart from the one that I flooded with water last night. That plant has not really showed any sign of change other than the tips on a few of the fan leaves are pointing up, is this good? Thanks

OK a bit at a time it is ty for the advice I'll leave it today as I want the soil to dry out a bit more I havnt fed them for 3 days but the soil is still damp but I have to t in the morning as I want then to get a move on lol

Me not being able to wait, I've gone and fed each plant just a little bit of water, but one I've totally drenched using about 6 litres of water just to test it out, I've been doing some reading and there is different theories of what works better with flushing in fact everything to do with growing so looks like I'm finding my own ways through experience, thank you and I hope tat plants not dead by morning lol

Hi, so I have today fed all my plants a little water to start flushing them apart from the one that I flooded with water last night. That plant has not really showed any sign of change other than the tips on a few of the fan leaves are pointing up, is this good? Thanks

Sorry man, but IMO giving "a little water" every day is a recipe for disaster. Either flush them well, water them well, or leave them alone to dry out.

Leaves pointing up is good indeed. :thumb: A flush isn't magic. You won't see a difference immediately and leaves that are damaged don't get better. All you can hope for is that new growth looks good and there is no further damage to older growth.

:Namaste:

OK mate thank you for your help I'm gonna go at the rest with a good flood of water tonight and then leave them a few days until ready for more water

After a good drench, if they are in 1 gallon pots, I bet your plants can go for two weeks w/o more water.

Back
Top Bottom