Canna Coco A+B VS Advance Nutrient pH Perfect Sensi Coco A+B

FiveToMidnight

Hey guys,

Been reading up a lot about the two products in the title and was wondering what your opinions are? I know a lot of people on here have and do use both so thought I could get some good ideas.

I grow in Coco with 25% perlite mixed in plastic pots under both CFL's and LED. I grow both Photo and Auto plants but only have a few grows under my belt. Am currently using GH Flora 3-Part but will finish that off at the end of the current grow and would like to try something more specifically for Coco.
I also use Cal/Mag, Silica and Seasol (seaweed extract) as additives but want to get a bloom booster. So something that would go with either the AN or Canna range would be great.

I like the idea of the Canna range as I have seen a lot of people use it with good results and being Aussie, I do like buying locally made and owned products.
However, I have also seen great results with the AN range and like the idea of not having to worry much about pH as I have had issues with that in my previous grows.

Still heaps new to this and Nutrients are the most confusing part for me so any help or advice anyone can give would be highly appreciated! :)

Thanks heaps in advance!! :)

Me too, fox farm plus Bushdoctor. AN, works great but at a higher price point then fox farms. What line do you use? Hobby, professional, ect? I've seen great results with just two lines, i.e. professional + hobby + grow A+B. And your correct, it's nice to not have to PH your feed. For New Growers anything to help you reach harvest.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Me too, fox farm plus Bushdoctor. AN, works great but at a higher price point then fox farms. What line do you use? Hobby, professional, ect? I've seen great results with just two lines, i.e. professional + hobby + grow A+B. And your correct, it's nice to not have to PH your feed. For New Growers anything to help you reach harvest.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

High 52M! We grow in soil and we love the Fox farm dirty dozen. We also use calmag, snowstorm and one other with the ss, but I can't recall it's name. Lol! They all work well for us. Stop by our journal and see how the plants look and you can decide if you like the FF look on them. Lol
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated :)
Where I am located I am easily able to get GH, CANNA, AN and Cyco branded nutes. Others I have to order from overseas most of the time. I can get some other stuff but usually only bits and pieces.
Can't find much info on the Cyco brand so prefer to go with something more people use so I can get help if I need it.
Fox Farms and House & Garden are two other brands I'd like to try but its not easy to find much of their range where I am so going to stick to CANNA or AN for the next few rounds.

Definitely checking out your journals though, some real lovely work! ;)

Gday FivetoMidnight
Same country.

I use the Canna but this grow I switched from Canna Nutrient to Bloom Yellow bottles and so far they are going great A touch of Nute Burn at the moment but only slight and I will address that tomorrow Better than the Canna Nutes it seems.

Seems we are limited to Canna Soil but it seems suitable.

Thanks Nugnut. I haven't heard of the other brand you speak of but will have a google.
So far its looking the Canna A+B is the way to go as more people seem to use this than the AN so really appreciate your input :)

Do you use any bloom boosters or additives?

20160717_121647.jpg
20160717_121643.jpg
20160717_121638.jpg
20160717_121629.jpg
20160717_121617.jpg
These are todays photos of my autos.
2 AK49 1 Amnesia, One Quickone and 1 OG Kush.

They had a touch of Nute Burn so I took them outside and gave them a flush.

20160717_151341.jpg

I use Canna Terra Professional and I am using these nutrients this grow. I think they are giving better results than the Canna Terra and Flores

20160717_151341.jpg

I use Canna Terra Professional and I am using these nutrients this grow. I think they are giving better results than the Canna Terra and Flores
Might have to look in to them for future grows. I like the idea of using Aussie made products.
Want to try some coco specific nutes for the next round though.

So it look like I'm going to go the Canna Coco range as there seems to be more people using that than the AN, at least on this forum anyway.
I also found my local hydro shop has a half price special on Canna Coco A+B, Cannazym, Rhyzotonic, Boost and PK 13/14 together in a pack so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this. It should last me for a while and with the Silica, Seasol and CalMag I already have, it should be all the additives I need to get some nice, fat buds.
From what I understand I shouldn't need the CalMag if using the A+B base but may be needed for strains that are cal/mag hungry or problems that could occur.

Anyone think that is a bad idea or could suggest a better combination of additives?

I have used both products and didn't really see a huge difference. With advanced it took about 5 days off the grow is about the only difference. If you go the Canna route don't wate your money on the Boost. I used it for a cycle and I didn't see much of a difference. If you want a good plant tonic that wont drain your wallet, I really like Emerald Goddess from Emarald Harvest IMO. Oh and the PH perfect thing doesn't work unless you use at full strength. My tap water PH is 8.0 so that might something to do with it. So if you want to PH down the ph perfect nutrients I suggest buying theyre PH down as well. Its extremely concentrated and it keep the ph where you want it. I used the regular GH ph down and I had to use like a cap per gallon. So yea just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Happy Growing!

---GL---

I have used both products and didn't really see a huge difference. With advanced it took about 5 days off the grow is about the only difference. If you go the Canna route don't wate your money on the Boost. I used it for a cycle and I didn't see much of a difference. If you want a good plant tonic that wont drain your wallet, I really like Emerald Goddess from Emarald Harvest IMO. Oh and the PH perfect thing doesn't work unless you use at full strength. My tap water PH is 8.0 so that might something to do with it. So if you want to PH down the ph perfect nutrients I suggest buying theyre PH down as well. Its extremely concentrated and it keep the ph where you want it. I used the regular GH ph down and I had to use like a cap per gallon. So yea just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Happy Growing!

---GL---
Thanks mate. I ended up going with Canna due to the price and was able to get a good deal on the A+B with some additives included.
Really appreciate the input

Back
Top Bottom