Question about flowering outside

Greenethumb42

I am living in the US,does anyone know about what day or month my girl will start to flower..I reason I ask is I have a Chocolate Kush in a 5 gal pot and I want to go to 7 gal..but I want to make sure I have at least 2 weeks before flower before I transplant it

It partly depends on the strain and how mature it is. Mine are already throwing new pistils, but bloom around here (43 N latitude) last year began about the first week of August.

This is August 15th
3_08-15-15.jpg

The Strain is from 00 Seeds Chocolate Kush and she is 50 days old from reading the soil..I have a pic of her...she is tall and lanky not many branches
20160716_195710.jpg
20160716_195915.jpg

She is the one on the right..the other one is my Money Maker and that baby is going to be a Monster

Outdoor light rules are the same as indoor light rules. When the day length hits 12 hours and starts going below that, Cannabis will flower. Check an online almanac for your area to find out when your light falls below the magic number.

I'm at 35 degrees lattitude. Flowering begins around August 1st. I start checking the week before. My plants start to flower with 13.5hrs sunlight. 12 hrs sunlight doesn't happen until September 25th. They'd freeze before they finished.

Yep - same here. I can tell the plants "get the message" around the middle of July. At that point, there is still 15 hours of daylight, but the days have been getting shorter for 3 weeks. By the end of July there is no doubt with any plant I've had outside (14.5 hours of light then). By the time they are down to 14 hours, flowering is well under way.

These are all based on sunrise to sunset. The actual sunny period is even longer since there is a fair amount of light both before and after the published times. But I have no idea how much light a plants needs to consider it "day time".

Back
Top Bottom