First time grower seeking help please

Slammer173

420 Member
Basically i have 2 strawberry ammos that i planted into small pots 10 days ago i noticed that they were growing well and then stopped so i moved them into bigger pots two days ago. The leaves were pointing up towards the light almost so the leaves were closed. I am still having the same problem now they are in bigger pots and they dont seem to have grown atall for a few days. Any help that i can get is apeciated.
Thanks

They were in small pots for around two weeks and then changed them to bigger pots 4 days ago. I have seen a small amount of growth from them today so i would say that is bang on them having a few days to recover.. And im glad to here that means there happy i was just checking. I will post a few pics ull see the bigger one out of the three has suffered with heat stress so I believe.. Do you know if there is any way of curing it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1911213529.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1487167836.jpg
420-magazine-mobile85483993.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1426563472.jpg

Yeah, that is heat stress.

What wattage/kind of light are you using and how far above the canopy?
What are your daytime grow temps and relative humidity percentages? Example: 78F - 55%RH

A plant that small doesn't need a lot of light. Internodal spacing looks pretty tight. Raising the light will probably be the easiest solution. Impossible to know without answers to the above.

It's all about the environment. That is more important than any other aspect of your grow.

Keep us posted...

I was using 400w but when i noticed the problems with the leaves i reduced it to 250w the temp is around 30c and the humidity is around 15% i think i need a humidifier but for the moment i have left a jug of water with the to see if that helps. The light is roughly 60cm from the plants. I am going to be gettin a tent soon because i am unable to raise the light anymore where they are at the moment. Thanks for reply .

I was using 400w but when i noticed the problems with the leaves i reduced it to 250w the temp is around 30c and the humidity is around 15% i think i need a humidifier but for the moment i have left a jug of water with the to see if that helps. The light is roughly 60cm from the plants. I am going to be gettin a tent soon because i am unable to raise the light anymore where they are at the moment. Thanks for reply .

There is your problem. Humidity is WAY TO LOW for 86F-30C. Your plant is unable to transpire water properly and cannot cool itself. Having a fan blowing on them will only make it worse. Humidity needs to be at least 60% for those temps.

Try to get temps down to 26C and 50 - 60%RH

A jug of water will not do much for you. Think surface area of water exposed to air. A wet towel with fan blowing on it. A casserole dish with an inch water in it.

If you cannot get humidity up, get the temps down. Both would be better.

I wish you well bro.. Keep us posted. We are here to help.

First of all you have some very impressive plants i must say haha . i am tryin my best to match the heat and humidity levels but its proving difficult i think i may need a humidifier would that be a good option? Also im going to be putting in tent soon would that make a difference atall? Thanks man i will keep posted only been a memeber a week there is knowledge to learn on this site haha

Back
Top Bottom