What's going on?

improvise

Interesting good or bad. I wanted to go organic and made up a batch of medium which contained some of my old mix,perlite,cocoa,peat.sharp sand,horse and cow manure. This is happening.
SAM_12433.JPG
SAM_12793.JPG
SAM_12821.JPG
SAM_12802.JPG

regards.

Healthy soil! Maybe a bit too moist?? But I wouldn't worry too much... Maybe someone who know more than me mite think different.. I'm certainly interested..
Good one!

That is an interesting garden & i'm not totally sure on what to make about those fungus species ?

But ye on a side note you might want to check your relative humidity / RH it might be on a high side of things to support funky mushroom growth !

Thanks for comments folks, thought i would update.
What i was doing was collecting the fallen and pulled off leaves and putting them in the one pot at front of my grow space which has six plants in. I expect this acted like a mulch on surface of soil a good environment for the fungi which was already in the soil from the horse and cow manure. When i first saw them i removed the mulch and took pics. The next morning i went in i was greeted with this delightful sight
SAM_12913.JPG
SAM_12886.JPG
SAM_12904.JPG
. The plants wanted watering so i watered five normally from the top and the one with the fungi i watered from the bottom. The next morning i went in and my oh my it`s not every morning you see this beautiful indeedy.
SAM_12965.JPG
SAM_12944.JPG
SAM_12954.JPG
SAM_12934.JPG
SAM_12976.JPG
So comes the end the next morning i went in and ah lass.
SAM_12994.JPG
The vivid yellow colour somehow reminded me of a recent grow called 60 day lemon by D.N.A. genetics.
20160207_195057.jpg
same mix different fungi in different pot this just gets better and cannabis to smoke at the end lol rock on use this mix in everything now.
SAM_12875.JPG
. regards

They are called "flowerpot parasol" aka "plantpot dapperling" - Very pretty and quite tropical, but poisonous if eaten. The yellow colour comes from an alkaloid called "Birnbaumins"

[video=youtube_share;QWm_7sFm76Y]
[/video]

Quoted from the video's description:

Here's what happens: Yellow mushrooms can spontaneously pop up, literally over night, in your houseplant pots (see photo of my bamboo plant, above). There are a number of conditions that have to be met in order for these mushrooms to grow. If you've never seen one, that's a good thing! Chances are, you won't want one growing anywhere near your plants! I'll just tell you what sort of environment they thrive in, so you'll know how to avoid them.
For a yellow mushroom to grow, you need:
1) Lots of constant moisture -- overwatering!
2) Old soil, or soil unchanged for several years, But some times it does grow in rich soil probably cuz the fungi got in it some how.
3) 'Bad' or cheap soil
4) Lack of good pot drainage

Mushrooms can't develop in the soil unless your plants meet more than one of the above conditions. If you're just a chronic overwaterer, don't worry! Mushrooms likely won't bother you. But in case your plants meet many of these conditions, keep reading:
Condition 1 only happens if you consistently overwater your plant AND you also meet Condition 4 -- a lack of good drainage. If the pot stays very wet all the time without drying out, the conditions are ripe for mushroom development! Ever had mushrooms pop up in the garden and/or your grass after it rains for days? The reason this occurs is because mushrooms grow wherever there's a ton of moisture. To a lesser degree, fungus also thrives in shaded areas. If your plant is largely shaded, often damp, and lacks efficient drainability, the chances are very good you might see mushrooms soon!

Conditions 2 and 3 are most certainly related. If the soil is old, it's more prone to mold development and lacks nutrients your plants will need for continuous growth and prosperity. Of my plants that had problems with mold/mushrooms, one was my aloe plant (I was forced to repot it 2 times!), then my spider plant, and finally my bamboo plant. The mold I saw in the soil quickly turned into mushrooms, so watch out! If you observe any mold (particularly yellow) on or in your plant's soil, it's time to change the soil, refresh it completely, and repot your plant!

Refreshing the soil is a good idea even if you aren't experiencing mushrooms, especially if your plant's growth has slowed down significantly. Also, older pants need to have their soil changed every 3 years or so (sometimes more) since the nutrients will be used up over time. Think of potting soil as a plant's vitamins; eventually, you're going to run out and need to buy another bottle. In the same way, your plants will need new soil to keep reaping the benefits of their own 'vitamins!' Sorry if that sounded corny, but it seemed to fit!
If your soil is cheap (you bought a lot of soil for only a little money) there's a chance mushrooms might be present in the soil BEFORE you even buy it! But soil cost aside, the fact is, ALL potting soil contains bacteria necessary for mushroom development and therefore can't be avoided (unless you follow the steps at the end of this post). The mushrooms need to develop roots and grow, just like any plant you might care for. If you give them the optimum growing conditions [listed above] (even unknowingly) they will appear!
The only difference between the yellow mushrooms and houseplants is that these particular mushrooms are less than desirable, basically useless, and mostly ugly. At best, they could be called upon for interesting conversations amongst your plant/fungi/nature savvy friends and family members, if you have any.

Of course, you really are looking to avoid these conditions altogether -- Then, you don't have to suffer a mushroom invasion! However, if it happens to you (like it did to me) and DO see a mushroom, here's what to do:

1) Remove the mushroom and discard.
2) Unpot the plant
3) Clean out the original pot, if using again, with soap and water
4) Using brand new potting soil, repot the plant, removing all the old soil from the roots. This ensures all the mold has been cleaned away, and can't produce any more mushrooms
5) Make sure your plant has better drainage than before
6) Finally, do your best to not overwater!
In case of mushroom attack, follow the above 5 steps, and your plants won't have to develop the icky, gross, fleshy yellow mushrooms like mine did!

wow! thanks for all the info Richard Richardson well appreciated save me from the fungi. That`s why i love 420 community so helpful.
I will let the 6 plants finish flowering as they only have 3 - 4 weeks to finish then i will discard all said mix a good clean of pots and start a fresh without me old mix included this time. regards all.

Back
Top Bottom