Buds and flowering odor?

soloscanna

420 Member
Hey guys

Which smells stronger? When the plant is in flowering or after the buds are cured and dried?
Also, do flowering plants smell much stronger when they're sleeping or during the day?

Cheers

Hey guys

Which smells stronger? When the plant is in flowering or after the buds are cured and dried?
Also, do flowering plants smell much stronger when they're sleeping or during the day?

Cheers

In my experience, strain dependent, they smell much more during flower. I'm growing a particularly stinky strain right now. Leave the door open for a minute and the whole bedroom stinks. After harvest, I hung and dried in the same bedroom. Smell was strong, but not like a flowering girl firing on all cylinders.

I never open the door at lights off, and have a very good carbon filter, so I couldn't tell you anything about the difference at night. My guess would be no difference.

Hope that helps.

No facts to back this up, but in general day = higher temperatures = more stinky.
Most chemicals become increasingly volatile at higher temperatures.
Same for fresh vs. dry. The dryer something is, the less volatile the oils will be.

Thats the type of problems you want to have!:bravo:

I visited my buddies house a few years ago. As I approached the front door, I didn't just get a wiff, I got a high... lol He only pulled 2 OZ of that one plant. He was freaking out about the smell. I started to get paranoid just because he was so freaked... lol Then we smoked and we got all kinds of paranoid. Real snooty part of town.

It was his first grow and didn't expect it to flower. He just stuck an aerogarden in a storage cabinet under his stairs. No exhaust, no odor control... just let her rip...

We still laugh about it now.

Back
Top Bottom