Yellow leaves - Need help

JoshPo

420 Member
yellow26.jpg

This is a very old plant that was started much too early and got to a nice size. Lately it began to turn yellow and I wonder if anyone can help.

TIA

It's really hard to tell from this photo.

I can't tell if she's over ripe or under ripe, size of pot, colour of buds.

Immediately, from what I can tell she's headed south fast. Is the plant to big for the pot? Do you water until there's water coming out of the pot? Ever do a flush?
Are you using nutrients? Which ones? How much?

This looks like an outdoor plant, when was it planted?

If you can answer a few of these questions we can get you in the right direction.

Cheers

Thanks a lot!

A better view of the plant (Yes, it is all one plant, that's why it hurts):
whole16.jpg

I noticed today a lot of small flying insects on a nearby plant, but I couldn't get a good picture of them. Maybe the out-of-focus remains of one of them on my finger will be enough for an expert (I hope they will not be enough for a fingerprint expert to identify me :)) My best guess is spider mites, but I couldn't find any webs. Maybe Aphids?

finger5.jpg

edit: A better picture (sorry for the light background)
bugs14.jpg

Since I'm almost sure it's a pest problem I don't know if your questions are relevant. However, it is an outdoor plant, I use a BIOBIZZ fertilzer (BioGrow until the flowering stage which has not started yet, and will probably never start for this poor plant and its two young neighbors). It was planted 4 months or so ago as it was mistakenly thought to be Automatic.

Anyway, if it is mites and I lose this crop, how do I sterilize the pots before I start the next generation?

So sad to see what is happening to your girl.

I do think you have more issues than just pests. I would venture to say the pests moved in for the easy pickings after the fact.

Too much unknown at this point to give an opinion about what caused this.

If it was me...

Assuming she is still in veg, I would give her a good pruning. Strip the bottom 25% - 30% of plant bare.
Remove all dead leaves. (they are just a home and food for bugs now)
Thin her out real well.

On each limb, prune all growth from the 5th - 6th node down.

This will take the pressure off the root system and will give you a beautiful structure for flowering.

From there, we can focus on water - more/less.

Nutrients last.

I know this sounds extreme, but she really looks like she's in trouble.

Take the pressure off the root system
stabilize any watering issues
diagnose nutrient deficiencies/pests
then feed

She has time to recover nicely and make you a proud parent.

I'll include a pic of the type of pruning I'm talking about. Don't focus so much on the difference in the plants, just look at how she is pruned.

Keep us posted, there's an army of people here to help. Include as much information about environmental conditions as possible first.
Don't worry about nutes yet. Let's stop the bleeding first.

DSCN033912.jpg

So sad to see what is happening to your girl.

Let's stop the bleeding first.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think it might be too late for this one, tough. For my education: can it be the result of over watering? I saw some pictures on the web that suggest it's a possibility and the soil certainly seems to be soaked with water.

For the time being I stopped the auto watering system but I do not take your pruning advice yet as I hope more leaves mean quicker evaporation, so if the root system is not completely ruined maybe my "girl" (Not being fluent with the vocabulary, it took me a minute to understand that there nothing wrong with my real girl, thank you very much :winkyface:) will make a comeback, but I'm not optimistic. Anyway, I will start pruning as soon as the soil dries somewhat.

I'll come back to update.

sorry to here this one was a fail, its all a learning curve.

It looks like multiple issues as already mentioned. my guess is pests and overwatering looking at the pics and the info given. You dont ever want soil saturated. Also as masonman said its always a good idea to prune the plants for several reasons. so keep that in mind in future. i dont think id be using those leaves for anything but good luck.

next time water and feed less, you can always add more if needed but cant take away when too much is added. prune plants for better airflow and bud production, plants will thank you for it.

look for something like this:

20160408_195734.jpg

20160315_214541.jpg

pay attention to the lower part of plant.

peace.

Try try and try again is the only way to succeed nice to have you on the forums when you start your next grow please start a grow journal at the same time so we will be able to aid along the way:Namaste:

Try try and try again is the only way to succeed nice to have you on the forums when you start your next grow please start a grow journal at the same time so we will be able to aid along the way:Namaste:

I will try. The thing is I don't grow it in my own place but at a friends' house, and I can only get there once a week at most. The watering is done via an automatic system and the said friend is not too agriculturally oriented (i.e. he's not really watching the plants on a regular basis. That's why I learned about the problem only when it was too late).

However I have another small plant at his place and maybe tomorrow I will take some pictures. Last time it was indected with these aphids(?) that I put a picture of above (white, winged, 1-2mm - still don't know what they are), and tomorrow I'll see how it is doing - I'm coming equipped with home made insecticide and hope applying it at the hot hours of the day (I know it's not recommended, but again this is a constraint) will do more good than harm. I will trim the bottom leaves as per the recommendations in this thread and hope for the best.

I believe the bugs are whiteflys. I had the same thing along with spider mites that I caught very very early on. One spray with some spider mite spray and all was better haven't seen em since. U have to be very vigilant though. When I noticed mites I took all plants that were overlapping eachother out of the room and layed down under neath them and killed mites one by one for hrs until I couldn't find anymore. Then a light spray. As I said. I found them very early. But within 72 hrs of the first sighting all can be lost very quick. Takes 3 days for eggs to hatch and the little bastards lay a thousand in a day. As for whiteflys I saw them on a seperate plant in my veg room and sprayed once and that's the last I saw. So don't know much bout them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

sorry to here this one was a fail, its all a learning curve.

It looks like multiple issues as already mentioned. my guess is pests and overwatering looking at the pics and the info given. You dont ever want soil saturated. Also as masonman said its always a good idea to prune the plants for several reasons. so keep that in mind in future. i dont think id be using those leaves for anything but good luck.

next time water and feed less, you can always add more if needed but cant take away when too much is added. prune plants for better airflow and bud production, plants will thank you for it.

look for something like this:

20160408_195734.jpg

20160315_214541.jpg

pay attention to the lower part of plant.

peace.
Sweet! Perfecto

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom