NYC Diesel - When does she show pistils?

Hello. In have a grow started June 22. Started to pop out a few days later. June 27. At what time do the pistils show . I believe according to CKS web site it says flower in 7 weeks . I'm close . Or no?
NYC diesel is an auto if I am correct. When it says flowering time they mean once flowering has started it is 7 weeks roughly. It is common to go longer. I'm guessing flowering has started since autos start flowering since autos veg for about 3 or 4 weeks. Any pictures?

0810161228a.jpg

hey turbo , nice looking plant !!!!!!!! what you are seeing now are part of the flower, pistils. plants will produce hundred and hundreds of these and they are part of the flower ....... these also make up the flower : the calyx is what actually comprises the female flower. Look closely underneath those tiny leaves (called "sugar leaves") and you'll find those tear-shaped nodules. These are the calyxes, and they come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. Calyxes typically contain high concentrations of trichomes, or glands that secrete THC and other cannabinoids.

Pistil

Out from the calyxes peek tiny red-orange hairs; these vibrant strands are called pistils, and they serve to collect pollen from males. Pistils begin with a white coloration and progressively darken to yellow, orange, red, and brown over the course of the plant's maturation. They play an important role in reproduction, but pistils bring very little to the flower's potency and taste.

Trichome

Despite their minute size, it's hard to miss the blanket of crystal resin on a cannabis bud. This resin (or "kief" when dry) is secreted through translucent, mushroom-shaped glands on the leaves, stems, and calyxes. Trichomes were originally developed to protect the plant against predators and the elements. These clear bulbous globes ooze aromatic oils called terpenes as well as therapeutic cannabinoids like THC and CBD. The basis of hash production depends on these trichomes and their potent sugar-like resin.

.........and portions of the sugar leaf, depending on how you trim..... i like to keep anything with trichromes on them......

best of luck !!!!!!:goodjob::high-five::Namaste:

photo of the calyx (swollen)

e2f82ad3-ac43-4a3a-b039-420e94ebc749.jpg

stang , auto flower plants auto flower with maturity not a light cycle change ..... leave it at 18/6 . pistils are the first pre stages of flowering so whatever your breeder said........... Namaste:

@Turbo , ok, i re read your post about 7 weeks to flower as stated by your seed supplier and as nismo said start your 7 week flower count
now............. almost all seed company give you a "flower time " (7 week) and never state the time period for your veg/grow cycle or another week to dry and another ten or so days to cure properly ,, so from this point you are looking at 9 weeks .sorry 4 the bad news but patience is the name in this game !!!!! waiting it out will ensure a good harvest !!:Namaste:

they look good turbo ..... i did a little research on fem-auto flowering sour d seeds and found a company that tells you it requires at least a 3-4 week vegetative state and 10 weeks in flower :Like many of the best cannabis strains coming out these days, Sour Diesel comes straight from California. It is a favorite with many smokers and growers. These powerful American genetics will grow well indoors around the world; outdoors, on the other hand, they need a warm climate, similar to California or Spain.
This is a mostly Sativa strain which shows in both its growth structure and the strong high effect it gives when consumed. The plant develops its resinous buds and powerful aroma over a 10-week flowering period. This is after a recommended 3-to-4 week vegetative period. These plants will grow to a height of around 100-130 cm, with some stretching during early flowering.
Sour Diesel is a very pungent, aromatic strain. Heavy chemical, herbal and sour flavours come from its glistening buds. When grown well, it will give yields of 450-600 grams per square metre. This is both a yield in quantity and quality, producing high-quality, resinous, aromatic buds. Full Diesel power! :Namaste:

you can only get this with patience turbo ....... wish you all the best !! :thumb::high-five::Namaste:
pic135.jpg

double cola's ~ strain (topped indica /sativa highwayman

@Turbo , she looks good from here ............at about 4 weeks into flower +/- the top buds on the aux branches will start looking like this:
happy6.jpg

the very top bud on the main stalk (also known as the cola) will look like this
pic303.jpg

your patience will define the plant and if you go all the way "7-8 weeks" to harvest, then dry (when you trim, leave a little of the branch so you can use it as a handle) this way also helps you not to knock off trichromes . tie a string from one end to the other and use clothespins to hold them on "leave a little of the branch" hang buds upside down and wait until the little branch snaps(not bending )snapping for about 5-7 days +/-........then into a mason jar for ten days minimum, burping them each day (open jar for 20 minutes and seal back up) you can try samples during this time if you wish but i have found the longer the cure the better the bud taste and a more mellow smoke ......:Namaste:

Dude, i just wanted to ask forums about this... whats wrong with the upper leaves? Is that nitrogen toxicity? I have the same thing on upper level buds and somwehre deep in canopy at lower levels too.

1002161621a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom