Needing some help with making it grow healthy

Blondhottie

I am new to this, On Aug 2 2016 my little girls sprouted, as I am new to this and my first time growing, I noticed they have tried to "get long trying to get sun" I have never heard of this, so popsicle sticks and some straws helped and bending the stem gently to make them stronger, now its the 10th its sort of, stalled and idled for the last 2 days, got 2 leaves coming out, just wondering if its normal being 8 days to kind of bend this way. I dont know how to add photos but I got some of them. Can someone help me! LOL

For uploading pictures...

At the top of the page, left hand side, black menu bar, hover mouse over "Gallery" then select upload photos.

On the upload page, you don't have to fill in any information. Just scroll to the bottom. There is a rectangular area. Click in this area. Add photos. Wait for them to finish uploading.

Click "Upload/Submit"

Another page will show all the photos you uploaded with a chance to edit info for each individual photo. You don't have to fill anything out here either.

Scroll to the bottom and hit submit again.

Now they have been added to your gallery.

When composing a new comment, there is a button at the bottom of the box that says "MY Photos" click on it and your gallery photos will appear. As soon as you click one of your pics, it is added to your message where ever the mouse pointer is located.

I am new to this, On Aug 2 2016 my little girls sprouted, as I am new to this and my first time growing, I noticed they have tried to "get long trying to get sun" I have never heard of this, so popsicle sticks and some straws helped and bending the stem gently to make them stronger, now its the 10th its sort of, stalled and idled for the last 2 days, got 2 leaves coming out, just wondering if its normal being 8 days to kind of bend this way. I dont know how to add photos but I got some of them. Can someone help me! LOL

Without good pictures it's hard to help with much. At only 8 days old you don't need to over worry yet. Your baby is in the seedling stage and at this point it's main focus is root growth. More than anything that taproot is working overtime to hit bottom. Being a new grower the easiest thing you can do to cause a growth stall or stop is if you overwater it. If you did, let it dry out and the growth will start again.

Without good pictures it's hard to help with much. At only 8 days old you don't need to over worry yet. Your baby is in the seedling stage and at this point it's main focus is root growth. More than anything that taproot is working overtime to hit bottom. Being a new grower the easiest thing you can do to cause a growth stall or stop is if you overwater it. If you did, let it dry out and the growth will start again.

Thanks! I will get better photos tomorrow :)

as I said here are some photos i got today, 9 and 7 day old girls

DSCN14077.JPG
DSCN14066.JPG
DSCN140512.JPG
DSCN140411.JPG
DSCN14037.JPG

one with the straw I had inside to mend her after kind of sudden snap of her so the straw is to make her strong, had in window sill and is now sun deficient. the two smally ones were a day or 2 later coming up. I hope this is going fine

I think they are looking great. Is that where you been normally keeping the plants, on the window sill?

They will grow fine there, but they do love direct sunlight. They're getting real tall (stretching) because they love the light and want more.

They will bend towards the light/sun. This is normal. I love to wake early in the morning and see the tops of my outdoor girls pointing right at the morning sun.

I think they are looking great. Is that where you been normally keeping the plants, on the window sill?

They will grow fine there, but they do love direct sunlight. They're getting real tall (stretching) because they love the light and want more.

They will bend towards the light/sun. This is normal. I love to wake early in the morning and see the tops of my outdoor girls pointing right at the morning sun.

Thanks @masonman for that, Yes not everday I use window sills only on bad weather or accidentally snapping stems lol... keep yall posted :)

New Leaves popped out! They are looking good

perfect weather they are loving it! Broke another stem in the storm while I was out so another straw... smh!

20160816_161925.jpg
20160816_161928.jpg
20160816_161930.jpg

Don't be surprised if they don't get big real quick. Those are big pots for small plants. The number one goal for the plant is to grow roots so it can be sure of getting water and food. The roots are likely much bigger than what you can see. Frequent, small amounts of water is a bad idea, IMO. Water thoroughly, let them drain, leave them alone until they need more. In pots that size, depending on your soil mix, that will be at least two weeks. The top will look dry, but down where the roots are (the bottom), it will be wet. This helps that all important root development as the roots seek out the water. Try to give them direct light and a fan to stop them from stretching and to build stronger stems.

I have a FRANKENSTEIN PLANT LOL!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS LOL THIS ONE IS ALL MESSED UP! LOL SHOULD I KILL OR LEAVE IT ?
fucked.jpg

My recommendation would be to review any of the watering technique topics on the forum. By far, the number one problem growers have is with incorrect watering. Small amounts of water are a really bad idea. Drench it completely, then let it dry out completely.

My recommendation would be to review any of the watering technique topics on the forum. By far, the number one problem growers have is with incorrect watering. Small amounts of water are a really bad idea. Drench it completely, then let it dry out completely.

so you think its because of my watering its causing some weird situation?

Back
Top Bottom