First grow - Are these all male?

bp1977

They all have "crab claws" on little stems. Are they male for sure?

6JDUqeD.jpg

Ortljvi.jpg

YKT0b06.jpg

b28QRm0.jpg

e5b6n7e.jpg

eDEktKq.jpg

eudsXko.jpg

Thanks for your help.

They all have "crab claws" on little stems. Are they male for sure?

6JDUqeD.jpg

Ortljvi.jpg

YKT0b06.jpg

b28QRm0.jpg

e5b6n7e.jpg

eDEktKq.jpg

eudsXko.jpg

Thanks for your help.

HI and welcome to 420mag

Give it a few more days to be 100 % sure. Are you going for ladies only? do you have ladies in your grow area and want to throw these away?

HI and welcome to 420mag

Give it a few more days to be 100 % sure. Are you going for ladies only? do you have ladies in your grow area and want to throw these away?

8 plants in total. Those pictures were taken from the same 3 plants. The other 5 show no signs of sex yet. I want to get rid of them soon so ..... actually Im not sure why Im in a rush to throw tthem :). Yeah I'll wait a few days. Although from what I read the 3 look like males. Noticable taller and with thicker stems.

Thanks for the advice.

8 plants in total. Those pictures were taken from the same 3 plants. The other 5 show no signs of sex yet. I want to get rid of them soon so ..... actually Im not sure why Im in a rush to throw tthem :). Yeah I'll wait a few days. Although from what I read the 3 look like males. Noticable taller and with thicker stems.

Thanks for the advice.
hi
yes this was my thought exactly.. I am not an expert,, but " they looked like male" to me too.. but just to be sure.. It could be a hermie(s)

Keep a close eye on them.. for any pollen sac that might be mature ( just in case) and place them close to each other..you know like in same corner..
Good luck.. I will try to get some good advice in here.. we have some super growers here real science people!! I love them all :circle-of-love:

hey bp , too early to tell ......... do not do anything yet ! you will have plenty of time to notice and remove a male plant

a male plant , plenty of balls , a closed pollen sack (balls) and an open male pollen sack

p146.jpg
crzycom12.jpeg

female
female141.jpg

good luck , upload your photo's and let's get a better look
:welcome::Namaste:

GLad to see pictures in the forum...but you disappeared? what happened?

Hey, thanks for asking. Its been two weeks now and I still dont see any flowers. I think I must have messed up when I fillped them. I tried to do a 24 hr dark period to kick it off but I did 36 instead. Other mistakes as well, pots too small. Maybe I have light leaks I cant detect? I have Two small plants in veg I'll flup them soon and hopefully not make so many mistakes.

I took some pictures today, ill post them now.

I dont thin the ones in my pic are the same, mine are just the fuzz on the pistols making them look like hairs.

It can be a little hard at first, the last male I had grew little hanging balls/ male pre flowers at the nodes right away, but I have had them have to go to flower to be able to tell that they were male, keep checking them all even if your sure you got all the males, I had one I swore was female then when it went to flower it still looked female until the little balls formed at the top I chopped him right away after that. He never showed
any flowers at the nodes.

Depending on the strain you are growing can determine a lot about how long it takes before your plants start showing their sex. For example: I flipped a Huckleberry Kush and a Malawi Gold at the exact same time but the MG is a landrace Sativa and by the time it started to show its true colors, the Huckleberry was almost ready to harvest. It is like when the breeder says a plant will flower for say 7 to 8 weeks for that Indica and 12 to 14 weeks for that Sativa. Well that is only correct if your environment is perfect and I do not know about your grow room but mine is not perfect. I have issues keeping temps during lights on exactly where they need to be and then during lights out it is a bear to keep them exactly where they should be, then there is the RH% and the proper air exchanges, a little to much or a little to little and bang that will effect the finish times. Everything effects how the plant is going to react.

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is be patient and your plants will show you there sex when they are ready to show you, though I have heard of people cutting a clone from a plant and then once it roots flipping it immediately into flower to speed up the sexing, I did this one time, and by the time the clone showed it's sex, the plant I took the clone from had already started showing that it was a female.

Great news! 3 out of 5 plants showing as female, but one of them maybe hermie? check out pic 5
58113.jpg
57612.jpg
56711.jpg
55811.jpg

Is this a "ball"?
55514.jpg

55411.jpg
55011.jpg
54411.jpg

Back
Top Bottom