Help - Question

syttonk

As I was saying in my last thread. I have 6 beautiful females from seeds I have collected over the years. I have no clue what strain they are. some look like white widow some got purple coming out in them. Anyway all started together and all are in the 7th week into flowering all are showing 50-50 white & amber pistils and gobs of trichrome. I have noticed my biggest prize plant we will call her Tammy. Her pistils have not changed yet from white to amber. I see gobs of pistils on her everywhere but I don't see very many trichrome on her. She is the biggest one in the group. I'm supposed to begin my flushing in 1 week. Should I wait a couple more weeks on my prize.
Tammy-1.jpg
Tammy-3.jpg
Tammy-2.jpg
Widow_lower_stems.jpg
White_widow_-1.jpg
White-widow-2.jpg
Strawberry-kush-1.jpg
My_Girls-1.jpg
IHNI-1.jpg
IHNI-2-_lower_stem.jpg

What do the trichomes look like under a scope? Are you saying the pistils are 50-50 or do you mean the trichomes are 50-50 amber?

Looks like she could go a little longer.

All my are 50-50 white and amber pistils except Tammy who is the biggest of the bunch. She is healthy has tons of white pistils but not much trichome development yet. My concern is I already started my final 2 week of flowering with koolbloom prior to flushing. Now I am asking will it hurt to let her go another week or 2 weeks and will it affect my other plants that are ready ?

All my are 50-50 white and amber pistils except Tammy who is the biggest of the bunch. She is healthy has tons of white pistils but not much trichome development yet. My concern is I already started my final 2 week of flowering with koolbloom prior to flushing. Now I am asking will it hurt to let her go another week or 2 weeks and will it affect my other plants that are ready ?

Amber pistils won't tell you much. It is amber trichomes most growers use to judge how close to harvest the plant is.
I'd feed her and let her grow some more.

Ok but I'm still a little concerned about the rest of the bunch they all are much closer to final flowering then Tammy. I hear if you over flower you will begin to loose THC and end up with more of a sleeping medicine or something to that affect. Ok I'll compromise i will try an additional week and monitor them closely for amber trich's. My biggest concern now is can i use KoolBloom which is a final flowering enhancer which says on the direction label. To be used on the final 2 weeks of flowering and i have already used it for a week any knowledge if it's ok to keep using it for up to 2 to 3 additional weeks.

No worries using KB for an extra couple/few weeks.

start flushing about 2 weeks before you plan to harvest, not only will it clean the weed it will force the plant to finish and plant will pack more weight on. even in hydro i flush 2 weeks, it makes a huge difference. now it depends on what you grow in and what products you use on when and how you flush but if using non organic feeds its always better to flush earlier. less experienced people feed too long and that can actually give you less yield, not too mention quality, as the plant doesnt finish as hard.

good luck

Dude none of those are ready to be harvested. None are close, you dont need a scope to see that.

Some still look like 4 weeks out still.

All the hairs will be orange (except for new foxtails possibly) and your trichs should be all milky with a few ambers (i recommend 10-20% amber)

But I emplore you do not harvest in a week, none of those plants are even close to ready.

start flushing about 2 weeks before you plan to harvest, not only will it clean the weed it will force the plant to finish and plant will pack more weight on. even in hydro i flush 2 weeks, it makes a huge difference. now it depends on what you grow in and what products you use on when and how you flush but if using non organic feeds its always better to flush earlier. less experienced people feed too long and that can actually give you less yield, not too mention quality, as the plant doesnt finish as hard.

good luck

Learned something new again today, thanks Cultivator! :thumb:

One other thing about Trichs is that you will want to look at the trichs on the buds not the ones on the leaves. Trichs on leaves will always be many weeks further along then the buds will be.

Back
Top Bottom