How to collect this Cherry OG pollen?

TheFertilizer

Okay so there was once a Cherry OG plant outdoors, but now it is in a trash bag. I collected some flowers off of it though.

Kind of looking for recommendations on how to collect and store it. I have read Emilya's guide but unfortunately I don't have a mesh screen to do any sifting or anything of that sort.

I read that if I just shake them a bit over a packet made of folded parchment paper that the pollen will collect in there and then I can put a dessicant pack in it to help dry, then put in a film container and freeze.

I'm basically just trying to store it for two months. Would like to get some seeds out of this so I'm going to breed my Blackberry Kush and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies with it.

I am not sure how much of the pollen will remain viable. It was in that garbage bag, in a shaded alcove, but still in 90+ F weather for about two or three days. The sack was so humid and moist inside there was some powdery mildew visible on the leaves in the very center, so I grabbed around the outsides, and I don't see any signs of mold or mildew on any of this stuff. I'm just not sure if it's going to do me any good after baking out there, but it won't hurt to try... I think.

IMG_20160825_152735.jpg
IMG_20160825_152727.jpg
IMG_20160825_152722.jpg

You could try putting some of those little branches in a cup of water under 12-12 lighting. Some of the flowers might open up. Worked for me after I killed a male, threw it's carcasse in the bushes for a night, then repented. I put some limbs in a jar, hanging out over the sides a little, under a cfl on a timer, on top of a white plastic bucket lid to collect the pollen.

You could try putting some of those little branches in a cup of water under 12-12 lighting. Some of the flowers might open up. Worked for me after I killed a male, threw it's carcasse in the bushes for a night, then repented. I put some limbs in a jar, hanging out over the sides a little, under a cfl on a timer, on top of a white plastic bucket lid to collect the pollen.

Ahh darn too late, I didn't think of that. They've been steaming in the trash bag for a few days though. Plus now that I think about it I don't have a place to put them in 12/12 at anyway.

Yeah sadly I didn't get really much pollen at all, the sacks were too immature. I got enough to make one application I guess though, it's kind of like a little pile about the height of a dime and not quite the diameter.

I could probably go get more pollen knowing what the ripe sacks look like, but I'm not exactly having high hopes for the viability of pollen that's been hanging out in a trash bag in 90 degree weather, so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

I thought I might follow up on this in case anyone finds it searching. It took very little pollen of very questionable viability to get these beans... Crossed with PGSC mother. I'm actually really glad I found this thread because I couldn't remember what the pollen was until now lol

IMG_20161205_132935.jpg

Back
Top Bottom