Shiva Skunk

Ulan

420 Member
Hi,

Currently growing Shiva Skunk from Sensi Seeds. Passing the 5 week mark today and I have a question regarding the strain that I hoped that someone perhaps could help me with:

I obtained a cut from a motherplant and the grower claimed that the strain finishes at 60 days. At Sensis homepage they claim 45 - 55 days.

I`m not 100% sure if the grower is running the strain a bit to long to gain weight (for me quality is most important as I only grow my own medicine for a severe sleep disorder) or if Sensi Seeds are wrong here.

Anyone who can help a newbie here? (I decided to grow my own medicine only a few months ago and this is my first growth...) If anyone who have grown or have good knowledge of the strain could fill me in here it would be highly appreciated.

Are there a way to find out when the correct time to start flushing is?

Kind regards

You can't really go by what other people tell you. Either way, it's hit or miss cause there's just too many damn factors with each strain & plant. Food, water, grow medium and grow room, nutes, light's, etc. I usually use other people's experiences as an estimate of sorts. What might take sensi 45-50 days to flower, might take you 65 days to flower cause of your grow environment. Or, you might be right on. It's really up to the plant. Also, try to keep in mind that when seeds are advertised as 25-32% Thc, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what you're gonna get. It just means has the potential to be such and such. The rest is up to you, really. Either way, have fun, learn what you can and get ready to be a whole lot of patient.

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

Hi Ulan

I doubt your grower is running it for that long only to get weight, but to get quality as well.

A bit of searching on the Interwebs points to a longer flowering time than 45-55 days. Some growers finished it after 11 weeks. And most of them claim that one should take the 45-55 days Sensi Seed's statement with a grain of salt.

The only sure way is to check your trichomes with a magnifier.

Best.

Thanks for the inputs! Highly appreciated!

I decided to trust the source of the clone and will start flushing at day 46 which is tomorrow:)

I dried up a small branch with some buds on that a snapped of by an accident at day 30. Did not put much effort in it. Just let it dry at my desk for 8 days before a rolled up a fatty and smoked in. Was a big positive surprise. First it gave a "happy feeling" to chest and the front of the head. Like a warm nice cuddely and funny, but still clear pressure. After 30 mins or so it felt like the effects went deeper and I become tired before I must have fallen to sleep after about 1,5 hour.

I have only bought smoke from others here at home and would bluntly claim that the sample I smoke would be among the top 3 i have smoked for as long as I can remember! It looks very frosty with s...loads of white and orange/brown hairs. The buds also start to gain some mass and seems to cover larger areas of the stem. Smells kind of citrus I guess I would describe. Very clean, nice and fresh smell.

Getting really excited here:)

Can I expect the final harvest to have the same punch as the 30 day sample?

Hi Ulan

I doubt your grower is running it for that long only to get weight, but to get quality as well.

A bit of searching on the Interwebs points to a longer flowering time than 45-55 days. Some growers finished it after 11 weeks. And most of them claim that one should take the 45-55 days Sensi Seed's statement with a grain of salt.

Best.

Thanks for the inputs! Highly appreciated!

I decided to trust the source of the clone and will start flushing at day 46 which is tomorrow:)

I dried up a small branch with some buds on that a snapped of by an accident at day 30. Did not put much effort in it. Just let it dry at my desk for 8 days before a rolled up a fatty and smoked in. Was a big positive surprise. First it gave a "happy feeling" to chest and the front of the head. Like a warm nice cuddely and funny, but still clear pressure. After 30 mins or so it felt like the effects went deeper and I become tired before I must have fallen to sleep after about 1,5 hour.

I have only bought smoke from others here at home and would bluntly claim that the sample I smoke would be among the top 3 i have smoked for as long as I can remember! It looks very frosty with s...loads of white and orange/brown hairs. The buds also start to gain some mass and seems to cover larger areas of the stem. Smells kind of citrus I guess I would describe. Very clean, nice and fresh smell.

Getting really excited here:)

Can I expect the final harvest to have the same punch as the 30 day sample?

WEll you have a clone right (cut from a mother plant ) it doesn't have the same time line as a start from seed growth

Just count the weeks and as Croatsan say..

Hello!

Things came out really nice. I started flushing after 46 days and chopped after 60. 7 days drying and 2 weeks curing and the final product had both a clean great taste and were more potent than the usual stuff I purchased from my dealer.

Got 269 grams finished product under a 600w HPS in a 4*4 tent. Not very impressing, but good enough for a first growth and I got heaps of snowcovered, icky sticky buds which will last until next harvest with ease.

I currently have Raspberry Diesel - Humbolt Seeds (which I recieved from a friend who selected the mother out of 250 seeds) and more Shiva Skunk from the same mother in veg. Looking forward to try the Raspberry D!

Thanks for the advice:)

Back
Top Bottom