FIM! Did I really miss?

ChefKimbo

Hello 420 family!!!
IMAG11635.jpg

Ok here is a pic of my two oldest girls, both 13 days old. I decided to top them both, in anticipation that these maybe sativa dominant plants. They seem to be growing very well and not stretchy much either. So at day 10 I decided FIM them both to get an early handle on plant height. They are recovering fine, but big fingers and a nervous twitch may have ruined a good FIM with one of my plants. I have some closeups, sorry for quality its the best I can do.
IMAG11647.jpg
IMAG1165_1_.jpg
There is a the first one, seems to be a good clean FIM, I can see a lot of activity in the new growth. Here is a close up of the other.
IMAG11686.jpg
There is new growth but one side doesn't seem to be rebuilding well. She also is a mutant, you can see the small leaf on the rear of the fan leaf! The question is did I screw up my plant or will grow through this? The reason i'm asking is because I plan to train these plants for maybe another week and go into flower. Will this effect the durability of the stalk in anyway?

You did it at the right time. I'm always done with my topping early, by the end of the second week. I would've FIMmed them a millimeter or two more but it doesn't really matter.

I would suggest to keep them vegging for a full month if possible. I know it's hard to believe, but an extra week of veg can do wonders for a stressed plant.

Bottom line - you didn't screw your plant.

For a full month you say? Do you think you can tell if these plants are sativa or indica dominant at this stage? I only have a 4' box, realistically 3'1/2 with the lights. The leaves are huge compared to my first unsuccessful grow and I'm sure those were indica plants. So a month from today would give me 16 days of veg before I go into budding. They seem vigorous enough to grow very well in 16 days. My next move will probably some LST and then i'll evaluate things from there. I'm guessing I could very well decide to keep vegging depending on how the LST goes.

Thanks man for the response!!

BUMP!

Quick update, one of the plants I Fimmed gave me 7 Colas back!! I've been researching this and most of what I've seen is an average of 4 colas.
IMAG11836.jpg
There she is!!! Recovered very well from fim and transplant. As you can see I'm doing my best to get those colas some light and get them going!!!
IMAG11843.jpg
IMAG11868.jpg
IMAG11857.jpg
I've counted 3 at the bottom, 2 on each side, 1 in the very middle, and the 1 main cola which decided to stay! I thought for sure it would split into 4.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom