Stunting in Autos?

Caleb8700

So for my first grow ever I bought several different varieties of Fastbud Autos from Herbies. I planted in plain peat and in peat pots (first mistake as they dry out horribly fast) and they sprouted within 36hrs and looked amazing. I transplanted them roughly a week later to 3gal Fox Farms Happy frog and perlite mix. But when I was transplanting them I noticed the taproot had already hit the bottom and had slightly piled up (I heard this is bad). Now roughly a week and a half later the growth has been very weak in comparison to others I have seen in grow journals. So the question is, when the taproot hits the bottom does it stunt growth? Or am I facing other issues?
P.S. Growth in the past two days has been incredible but I need insight for the future. Thanks for helping a noob out!

I grew some CK autos this summer and I don't think they liked to be transplanted. Also from what I have read most if not all autos were produced / crossed with lowryder which would produce a smaller plant. You can get super autos that are 6ft. Again I don't think they should be transplanted due to a short veg period. Not enough time to recover from the shock.

Yes you both are correct but also incorrect. Ive been growing autos for 3 years starting next month. When the taproot hits bottom thats when everything starts going down hill, mainly a severe decrease in rapid growth cause it thinks its going to stay in that pot for the rest of its days. You can transplant autos, i start mine out in a little seed starting pot, about the size of a cup, wait til its 11 days old in there then transplant into its final pot. I transplant when the soil is dry as its alot easier and more forgiving to autos. When transplanting you do want to be careful to not put the root system out of its place. As with any other cannabis plant, transplanting after a slight rootbound can cause the entire growth to slow down, photoperiod or auto. Cheers

Sent from Deez Nutz

I read this, too, and when I was gifted some auto fems, I planted them in solo cups. They hit bottom in a few days, and I quickly put them in the big girl pots. Their growth under the LEDS is something to see! BIG leaves, tight nodes. I'm in LUV!:circle-of-love:

And good to see another Alaskan on board!

Not very many either. I grow autofems as i find freebie seeds are lame..low yielding..unstable 90 percent of time. Im from barrow lol

Sent from Deez Nutz

Sorry to get back so late. And yeah when I saw that taproot had hit the bottom I remembered some of my research had said something about that. But they are doing much better now and are really taking off. Also AKAgramma I'm in Arkansas. Possibly the toughest marijuana laws in the U.S. haha. But thanks guys!

Wait 11 days in the germinating pot. Youll have some roots in the bottom but it wont stunt it, you'll stunt it if it gets rootbound being in that small pot for more than 2 weeks

Sent from Deez Nutz

hey zzy , brand new here today. how do I start a journal

At the top of the page, navigate to: Grow Room > Grow Journals > Journals in Progress. Use "Thread Tools" to create a new thread for your journal.

:welcome: to :420: cannaruss!

Back
Top Bottom