Poor bud formation

onestickz

14733881014561296314877.jpg
1474237954474-488849589.jpg

Sup guys
I have a problem and or questions. I'm got some super sour og going and I'm on day 29 of flower and the bud formation is very poor. To help out some, here's the type of light I'm using.
LED Full spectrum double chip 10w(2pcs 5w chip in every led)
800 watt (80pcs 10w) 410nm,430~440nm 450~475, 620~630nm 650~670nm, white, IR, (730nm)
To be honest, I don't know what any of that means, but maybe some of you do. I've been battling with the heat, some day's the temp reads 90°-95°F but not all the time. The lights are off during the day, so that helps with heat, plus I'm venting with a inline fan, have a 6"fan that stays on at all times. I added a small exhale bag for more co2 due to the heat. I'm in a 3x3 tent, so not much space for 2 girls.
That's pretty much my grow setup. Every now and then I have to put frozen water bottles in the rez to keep the water cool. I'm pretty much babying them so I don't know what's going on. Could it be that she's a late bloomer? I doing a RDWC bubble buckets, so the water is constantly moving. Need some help from some super sour og growers and someone who might have the knowledge of what's going on.
Thanks in advance.

29 days from flip, or 29 days since it started to really bloom?
If it is from flip, you still have a long time for them to fill out.

That light looks like it might be a bit close. I have a 1,000W equivalent LED and it recommends 30" from the plants. I had it too close for a while because I had shelves in the way that I needed to remove. The plants didn't seem to like it at all. They loved having the light moved to about 24" from their tops.

Yah, it's 29 days from flip. My master kush and white widow filled out a lot quicker. Maybe it's the strain lol.
If you know, when do you actually start counting the week when you flip it to flower?

The light is high as it can go. I already super cropped a few branches for being close to the light, but they keep stretching, and I'm in week 4... I think lol. I know I will have to super crop some more.

Yah, it's 29 days from flip. My master kush and white widow filled out a lot quicker. Maybe it's the strain lol.
If you know, when do you actually start counting the week when you flip it to flower?

I count from when the buds begin to form - about where yours is. It is odd it took so much time to get that far along. I can usually see quite a difference in the buds each day for the first few weeks.

The only OGKs I have grown through several generations of clones had airy buds. I do believe this is a Sativa trait, right? This last harvest, I finger-pressed several together while still moist to make a firmer nug.

If one starts counting days in flower from the appearance of first flowers, then my Bubblelicious finished 2 weeks before the expected finish time on the seed bank sites.

It must be the strain. I went back and looked at my last two indoor grows on day 28 after flip on one grow and day 32 on the other. They were both much farther along in bud production. No help but I thought I'd let you know.

All info is good info major PITA thanks. As far as counting the days from flip, I hear pretty much a 50/50 answer on that. Meaning, half say count from flip and the other half says count when you first start seeing white hairs.

All info is good info major PITA thanks. As far as counting the days from flip, I hear pretty much a 50/50 answer on that. Meaning, half say count from flip and the other half says count when you first start seeing white hairs.

Counting from flip makes sense since it is not open to interpretation. I think I landed on counting from buds because a lot of my growing is outdoors and I have no flip. I also don't use fem' seeds so I sex my plants initially and they all have pistils most of their life. I do have a couple of pure sativas that look about like yours, but Sour OG is supposed to be a 50/50 indica/sativa hybrid.

could be a number of things really but for me ive never seen any plant be 4 weeks in and have no bud formation. have you used those leds before? if so how long did it take for flowers to show? Generally 2 weeks from flip flowers should be showing even in sativas that are regular seeds, 3 weeks max. heat could be an issue but i doubt it, i have an led room running between 90-95f now and plants are fine.

Were the plants from seed or clone?

I always start flower from flipping to 12/12. If a seedbank recommends 9 weeks flower i rarely get past that time, a day or 2 max. Just end up with bud rot and over ripe plants. Its very odd for plants not to be forming yet.

Also its unlikely that LEDs are too close as you would still have bud formation, the tops would just bleach or burn if they too close and didnt like it. I have 1100w panels 6-10" from top of my canopy with very little issue at all. LEDs too close could def cause issues but im not convinced this would lead to very little bud formation.

I started from seed, but even still, my girls never took this long to bud up. I used that light before with my big bud x white widow, and the buds formation was not as dense as it should of been. So I to, am wondering if it's the light. I cleaned them up a little more from first lollypop, so I don't know if that's what's slowing down the growth or what. It's a king led brand, 800 watt, now I'm thinking about putting my 300 watt ipower led light in, and see what happens. This is my third grow and I never seen this before, so I don't know

4 weeks into flower isnt early for bud formation. nutes def isnt issue. the bud would form with simplest of base nutes. theres barely a thing on them. i put money on it that its the light source or light schedule. 12/12 should initiatw any photo flower to show start of flowers in 2 weeks, 3 max. Could be bum seed also but i doubt it.

I doubt it is the LED. I'd try 11/13 and, depending on your feeding, cut back on 'N'.

I seriously doubt its nute related. Its in DWC and plants look generally healthy in the pic i can see. Dwc has one of the fastest growth rates you can get and flowers should be showing with in 2 weeks in a DWC system even if you just ran low ppm base nute. they would even show if ph was way out. There are some shitty LEDs on the market so that could be the issue or light cycle. Running an extra hour darkness should for sure push flowers out.

However in a previous post it was also stated using these panels for previous grow that buds were sparse. Im not an expert on LED technology so i cant cooment on the type of LED used in the panel. However I am a very experienced indoor grower and ive never seen a plant at day 29 without flowers even on 12 week strains. It could be the way this strain flowers but i doubt it. Even with high N the plants would show flowers. In indoor photo plants the no1 thing for flowering is light schedule and type of lighting. Ive saw alot of bum LED panels also.

Can you give more details on the grow. What strain and recommended flower period, exactly what is in your nute mix and ph, room temps and RH, light cycle you are running now and what you ran while vegging. did you use the same lights for veg growth? Ive saw LED grow brilliant plants in veg then perform terrible in flower, of course there are some great panels out there now but also bum ones.

This is my thought process after growing many thousands of photo plants indoors. I could be proven wrong but ive seen and grown alot of plants indoors, i be interested to see an update on this grow at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom