Possible to get 300gr yield with 600w without LST

marijunal

i am a new growner and my first yield was 10-15gr per plant . i wish to get minumum 300gr yield if its possible to get in only 600w hps and only one time plant top cut off ?

i am a new growner and my first yield was 10-15gr per plant . i wish to get minumum 300gr yield if its possible to get in only 600w hps and only one time plant top cut off ?

1g/watt is attainable, but don't expect that on your second grow. With 20-30 plants, you should be able to hit 300g if you perform the same as last time. The more you top, the more you will yield... IMHO, top a couple times. One plant with four tops may not be like four plants of the same size, but it's gotta be like having 3.25 plants.

Yes, depending on your hood and growing style and experience close to 600gr is possible but unlikely. If you yielded 10-15gr per plant you need to work on your style and habits first. 300gr would be a good yield for an experienced grower. Can we get more info on what you are working with from start to finish? Your room/tent, size, water, nutrients, hydro or soil? 300gr is easily attainable from 2 plants with topping and basic training. You should do a grow with a journal on this site and take advice from start to finish from a few experienced growers here. We would love to help....Well, I would anyways lol.

With 600 watts HPS and 4-6 plants I think you could get 300 grams total pretty easily. BUT you only got 10-15 grams a plant on your first run, that tells me that something isn't right with your grow. If you environment is on point, maybe check out Doc Bud's High Brix, pretty easy growing system for new growers and turn out 3+ ounces per plant pretty easily.

Without more details its hard to say. Realistically you should pull between 15 and 22oz dry per 600w hps. However that number depends on many factors.

Im not a fan of topping anyway, its not necessary and plants take longer to veg. My rule is 4 plants per 600w hps in 12-20litre pots. I prefer straight coco coir as the medium. just bend the plants alot during veg but dont top, the plants will veg at a fast rate and give lots of tops.

Heres an example, this plant was vegged 5 weeks from seed and not topped at all (you could take 2 weeks atleast of this time using clones).

20160918_205319.jpg

20160918_204257.jpg

This is just an example of how bushy plants can get without topping on short veg times. these are under LEDs but the rule is the same.

If you are growing DWC hydro it would be faster again. Strain selection also matters. In soil you will need to veg a lot longer compared to coco or pure hydro.

These plants were also vegged 5 weeks from seed and no topping at all using only 12litre (3gal) plastic pots. Under 600w hps.

20160216_204149.jpg

20160216_204208.jpg

20160227_203437.jpg

20160227_201700.jpg

20160225_212800.jpg

IMG-20160312-WA0005.jpg

If you have your temps, airflow, RH in good ranges it shouldnt be difficult at all to achieve 300g. 300g is the minimum you should get per 600w hps or you are doing something very wrong.

Good luck.

1g/watt is attainable, but don't expect that on your second grow. With 20-30 plants, you should be able to hit 300g if you perform the same as last time. The more you top, the more you will yield... IMHO, top a couple times. One plant with four tops may not be like four plants of the same size, but it's gotta be like having 3.25 plants.

thanks

Yes, depending on your hood and growing style and experience close to 600gr is possible but unlikely. If you yielded 10-15gr per plant you need to work on your style and habits first. 300gr would be a good yield for an experienced grower. Can we get more info on what you are working with from start to finish? Your room/tent, size, water, nutrients, hydro or soil? 300gr is easily attainable from 2 plants with topping and basic training. You should do a grow with a journal on this site and take advice from start to finish from a few experienced growers here. We would love to help....Well, I would anyways lol.
i will do in soil mate thinking to under 1000w hps 2 plant , some people can take it from a kilo. i need a basic training mate. i see that only one time top cut off is not enough as mr.good bud says. i think climate is also very important because my first grow light off i see 15-16 celcius light on 28-30 celcius.

With 600 watts HPS and 4-6 plants I think you could get 300 grams total pretty easily. BUT you only got 10-15 grams a plant on your first run, that tells me that something isn't right with your grow. If you environment is on point, maybe check out Doc Bud's High Brix, pretty easy growing system for new growers and turn out 3+ ounces per plant pretty easily.

can you show the link mate?

Without more details its hard to say. Realistically you should pull between 15 and 22oz dry per 600w hps. However that number depends on many factors.

Im not a fan of topping anyway, its not necessary and plants take longer to veg. My rule is 4 plants per 600w hps in 12-20litre pots. I prefer straight coco coir as the medium. just bend the plants alot during veg but dont top, the plants will veg at a fast rate and give lots of tops.

Heres an example, this plant was vegged 5 weeks from seed and not topped at all (you could take 2 weeks atleast of this time using clones).

20160918_205319.jpg

20160918_204257.jpg

This is just an example of how bushy plants can get without topping on short veg times. these are under LEDs but the rule is the same.

If you are growing DWC hydro it would be faster again. Strain selection also matters. In soil you will need to veg a lot longer compared to coco or pure hydro.

These plants were also vegged 5 weeks from seed and no topping at all using only 12litre (3gal) plastic pots. Under 600w hps.

20160216_204149.jpg

20160216_204208.jpg

20160227_203437.jpg

20160227_201700.jpg

20160225_212800.jpg

IMG-20160312-WA0005.jpg

If you have your temps, airflow, RH in good ranges it shouldnt be difficult at all to achieve 300g. 300g is the minimum you should get per 600w hps or you are doing something very wrong.

Good luck.
thanks for your advice but i noticed that you trimmed under the plant and you did some training but you didnt say what you did :)

.5 g per watt is a pretty all round figure for most growers but 10 to 15 g per plant well some thing is wrong here ?

In less sog & flowered once clones where rooted or perhaps 12/12 no mercy style or just harvested way to early ?

Basically i veg for 6 to 8 weeks from seed sprout / germination give or take a few days & expect a plant to be some 12 to 18 inch tall in the final pot size by then, before flowering grown natural from seed with no training.

Your own environmental conditions or what you use may change some what to my own which may slow or speed things up !

I work on a base line temp of 20c lights off as this avoids slower growth like 15/16c & lower which may stunt growth, with lights on i average 27c - ideally you want a 5c shift between off/on or some where near etc

Good air flow or exchange rate helps.

Getting a good reflector or hood is often over looked but can make a big difference once ya look in to matters !

Now size does matter bigger plants produce more simple fact ! if grown from seed with no training a 18 inch tall plant may turn out 40 inch tall after the first few weeks of stretch from 12/12, ye a word of warning as some strains with given growth height such as medium height may test you, i may just avoid any thing known to say tall in less ya want do training !

Most of time i'll grow from seed natural bush, i'll achieve 2 oz dry average from most strains under a 400w hps 4 plants in a 90 cm by 90 cm by 180 cm tent... yup a modest .5 g per watt.

Mmm done trained plants may take longer for veg tho depending on training etc but achieved between 5 to 7 oz on a single plant which would take up a large proportion of space in my tent at best only one plant.

Really is a fine line to draw to what you want to do & conditions which may effect stuff for growing which may need to be adjusted in some ways ?

You can ask all the questions in the world or just keep a grow journal with what ya doing & as much detail etc Journals in Progress to see who chimes in 'n' helps out it is a pretty good learning curve :thumb:

thanks for your advice but i noticed that you trimmed under the plant and you did some training but you didnt say what you did :)

The trimming off the plant is pruning done at few days before flip and around day 20 of flower. i remove the bottom 1/3 of the plant for better airflow and to have more energy focused to the tops of the plants. This creates denser, larger heads and makes final trim much easier. Its very simple everything below 1/3 comes off even if it has bud sites on.

.5 g per watt is a pretty all round figure for most growers but 10 to 15 g per plant well some thing is wrong here ?

In less sog & flowered once clones where rooted or perhaps 12/12 no mercy style or just harvested way to early ?

Basically i veg for 6 to 8 weeks from seed sprout / germination give or take a few days & expect a plant to be some 12 to 18 inch tall in the final pot size by then, before flowering grown natural from seed with no training.

Your own environmental conditions or what you use may change some what to my own which may slow or speed things up !

I work on a base line temp of 20c lights off as this avoids slower growth like 15/16c & lower which may stunt growth, with lights on i average 27c - ideally you want a 5c shift between off/on or some where near etc

Good air flow or exchange rate helps.

Getting a good reflector or hood is often over looked but can make a big difference once ya look in to matters !

Now size does matter bigger plants produce more simple fact ! if grown from seed with no training a 18 inch tall plant may turn out 40 inch tall after the first few weeks of stretch from 12/12, ye a word of warning as some strains with given growth height such as medium height may test you, i may just avoid any thing known to say tall in less ya want do training !

Most of time i'll grow from seed natural bush, i'll achieve 2 oz dry average from most strains under a 400w hps 4 plants in a 90 cm by 90 cm by 180 cm tent... yup a modest .5 g per watt.

Mmm done trained plants may take longer for veg tho depending on training etc but achieved between 5 to 7 oz on a single plant which would take up a large proportion of space in my tent at best only one plant.

Really is a fine line to draw to what you want to do & conditions which may effect stuff for growing which may need to be adjusted in some ways ?

You can ask all the questions in the world or just keep a grow journal with what ya doing & as much detail etc Journals in Progress to see who chimes in 'n' helps out it is a pretty good learning curve :thumb:

it wasnt early harvest. night/day temparature difference 14c-28c is it normal or might be stress?

The trimming off the plant is pruning done at few days before flip and around day 20 of flower. i remove the bottom 1/3 of the plant for better airflow and to have more energy focused to the tops of the plants. This creates denser, larger heads and makes final trim much easier. Its very simple everything below 1/3 comes off even if it has bud sites on.

i have no trim experience :(

its simple, remove bottom 1/3 of plant. check my current journal out mate, ask anything you want in there. it doesnt have to be complicated.

ok i will remove big leaves at the bottom 1/3 of plant. next to big leaves in veg stage . i will check your journal too. when will plants ready for bottom leaves remove? did you ever compare yield amount between no training and when bottom leaves removed?

I find it pretty straightforward to pull 16 oz from a single 600W HPS, but I usually do it with four smaller plants rather than one large plant. I'm in a small space (a shower) = less than 3'x3'. More plants take less veg time and you can get more variety.

GROUP168.jpg
AS11.jpg

ok i will remove big leaves at the bottom 1/3 of plant. next to big leaves in veg stage . i will check your journal too. when will plants ready for bottom leaves remove? did you ever compare yield amount between no training and when bottom leaves removed?

with lst and removal of sucker branches you should have a minimum increase of 25%. but remember in 1m2 you can only get so much bud so make the most of the space. just strip plant couple days before flip, its simple just dont be afraid to remove scraggy branches and leaves. worst that can happen is you remove too much then you know for next time. but there are lots of videos and pics on here for reference.

Back
Top Bottom