Best light schedule for auto while in veg

smalltime2

I've am growing 2 Malawi gold auto fem. I have the lights 24 hrs, they are growing very well. When they start to flower I am planning on a 18/6 light cycle. Can I get some expert advice on this, I have read the threads on light cycles and no one mentions a difference in hours of light from veg and bloom. Thanks!

I've am growing 2 Malawi gold auto fem. I have the lights 24 hrs, they are growing very well. When they start to flower I am planning on a 18/6 light cycle. Can I get some expert advice on this, I have read the threads on light cycles and no one mentions a difference in hours of light from veg and bloom. Thanks!

Autos have no need for any change in light schedule, you could do the entire plant on 24 if you want. That said, from everything I've read here at 420 Magazine, 18/6 or something close to it is best. Mine started growing faster after going from 24 to about 18/6.

Been growing autos for 3 years now. The best light cycle is 20/4 the entire plant life.

That makes sense. I've read that it's the best vegetative light schedule (in terms of one's eventual yield) for phototropic strains, with a vegetative light schedule of 18/6 - and all other factors being equal - causing a slight, but measurable reduction in yield. And, as you mentioned, auto-flowering strains should generally be able to complete their entire life cycle under the same light schedule.

BtW, AKGrower907, I just posted a general question about auto-flowering strains. Would you mind taking a read and giving your thoughts on the subject? (Thanks!)
AUTOS: How Much Will Reduced Light Hours Hurt Yield?

I grew my autos on a 12/12 schedule with my photo strains. I could of easily gotten an ounce and a half off each auto. But i got a quarter ounce off each plant. I think you can do the math lol. Im replying to your other forum btw lol

Sent from Deez Nutz

Just playing the waiting game for my bruce banner #3 and gorilla glue #4 plants to be done. I have another 3 weeks for them to be done.

Sent from Deez Nutz

Back
Top Bottom