Yield lab lights

Scottmaine

Hi all. Back again and this time I was wondering what you think bout yield lab XXL de 1000w open hood lights . Opinions if you have used em,or if ya heard anything about them. 159,200 lumens, I have 7' Cieling and will have 22000btu heat/ac pump hooked up in 13x18 flower room. Look forward to your response.

With a room that size, how many are you thinking about using? A dozen or more, I assume? Unless your growing style requires maximum penetration, you would probably get more efficiency out of an equal wattage worth of 600-watt lights (IMHO).

If it was my grow room, whatever size lights I ended up going with, I'd make sure to buy the highest quality/rated air-cooled reflectors that I could find. IDK if odor control is required for your grow, but if it is, your carbon filter(s) will last longer if you do not have to flow as much air through them - and also last longer if that air is not as hot. You mentioned air conditioning. Whether or not this infers a sealed room, I would still go with air-cooled reflectors. They will significantly lessen the burden on your air conditioner (and, therefore, your electric bills). Bring (relatively) cool air in, pass it through all your reflectors, and send it back out without allowing it to mix with your grow room environment. Also, there are insulated reflector covers available for many of the more popular reflector brands/models - which will help even more with controlling your flowering room temperatures.

With a room that size, your greatest expense is probably going to be your monthly electric bills, methinks. Since you'll be paying the same regardless of whether you purchase the best reflectors on the market or cheap open ones - but ought to see a significant difference between the two ends of that range - I suggest you get the best ones on the market (whatever that happens to be this year, lol). After all, a garden of that size is not a small personal grow, it is a production environment. So you might as well produce ;) .

BtW, are you going to run a journal? I hope so - we could use more journals of (relatively) large-sized grows.

Thanks for your thoughts tortured soul. I have been using air cooled hoods and want to go with double ended (de) lights. Reason being is the glass blocks some uv a and uv b and the approximate 39,000 extra lumens per light will have bout 10 ta 30 % yield increase. The plan is 6 lights while between 2000 an 3500 btus per light 22000 would work I'm using it to 28000 mini split unit. I will be ducting this with a booster fan and put ports at each light. I also plan 6 wall fans (16') along with co2. From what I can tell this shall be fine with heat. If not I can then use exhaust fan with can to take any if at all excess heat. And yes I may do a journal on this ,as I did a journal on my small grow. I believe I can meet close to 6oz per plant which would equal 1 1_2 lb per light. All one can do is try lol. Also I will be going with 220 not 110. 10 gal plastic pots in flower.any and all responses are appreciated . Thanks

Grow on

Interesting. I knew that double-ended lights produced slightly more illumination and maintained more of their initial output, for a longer time. But I did not realize that a DE HPS bulb produced a useful amount of UV. And, yes, glass will block UV-B (it actually doesn't block UV-A, IIRC).

I still wonder if you would be ahead to go with air-cooled reflectors - perhaps adding either UV bulbs or a few MH (those in open reflectors) - if you wish to have a higher amount of UV radiation. But it does look like you have given the matter a lot of thought.

Stepping out of one's comfort zone is tuff. I can't find any reviews on these lights. Only thing I have found is you tube videos. One thing that is attracting me is the XXL hood is 9" tall and ballist is separate so it doesn't Rob height from Cieling. From past experience I figure if I can keep plants minimum 2' from light it may not bleach out. The other idea is with adjustable ballist I can dial down one setting if a plant decides to out grow my plan lol. I failed to mention veg room will be 9x18' ,going with t5 8 tube 2'×4' . There will be 6 of these as soon when they make 10 gal pots I can get 4 per light.so with that said I am allowed 24 by law. Any idea on automatic watering systems I would greatly appreciate as my mind is now cranking on that . An and all ideas or comments are welcome
Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom