Is this nute burn in veg?

Loggerjoe1

I have seven sour diesel 5 at 8 days, 1 at 2 weeks, and 1 at 20 days. The teens are under a 4 bulb T5. The babies are under a 90wt led. I transfered the teens into their forever home, a 5 gal pot each 4 days ago. All soil i have used is fox farm ocean forrest. They are under 18/6 light if that helps

Well over the past week i have noticed these spots on the lower leaves. It starts light green amd then turns brown but doesnt spread too far. I havent noticed anythimg on the upper leaves but does anyone have a clue as to what it might be? I have not fed my plants yet. Any help is appreciated.
20160923_183335.jpg
20160923_183514.jpg
20160923_183411.jpg
20160923_183444.jpg
20160923_183401.jpg
20160923_183433.jpg
20160923_183353.jpg

And this is one of the plants 2 weeks ago
20160919_092334.jpg

Re: Is this nuet burn in veg?

One more question... is 5 gal pot too big? Or will a 2 gallon work? And none of the babies have any sign of spots.

Hey loggerjoe and welcome to 420 Mag, you came to the right place. I see no one else has chimed in on this issue yet so lets see if I can help you out some.

What I am seeing on your plants does not look like nutrient burn since some of the spots are showing on the inner parts of the leaves. Nutrient burn will actually start to burn the little tips of the leaves first, turning them orange and yellow and working its way to the center of the leaves and can effect all the leaves instead of just lower ones like seen in your pictures.

The leaves that are effected on your plants seem to all be lower leaves and all seem to have spotting rather than fading or transparency. Since you have not been feeding the older plants yet I would advise starting a 1/4 strength mix with your nutrient line for these, if they show no signs of nutrient burn or any toxicities, you can up to 1/2 strength. I would also start giving the younger ones a 1/8-1/4 strength mix of nutrients as well, since they have all developed 4 or 5 nodes or more they will be ready. These plants are talking to you when they start showing signs like this.

What I think is actually happening here is a mixture of Calcium and Magnesium deficiency. Have a look at the nutrients you will be feeding during the veg period and see how much available Cal and Mg there is. If starting to feed the nutrients doesn't help stop or slow this issue after a week or 2 then I would advise getting some CalMg addative for your nute mix. Lots of people have to add this to their mix.

Hope this helps you out, im sure maybe someone else will chime in eventually. Best of luck

Re: Is this nuet burn in veg?

Oh, and about your pots. 5gal will be fine, just be sure to water around the outside edges of the pot more so than right at the base of the plants. This will help get the roots searching for the water, the more roots the better. A lot of people will up pot a photoperiod plant a few times, going from solo cup to 2gal and then to 5gal or something similar to that.

Thank you for the reply. It will be night time in e hours and ill feed them then. And as for the pots. I have the room so i figured why not put them in their forever homes.

Back
Top Bottom