Leaves are dying - What day hell

onestickz

Sup 420

For starters I'm about ready to throw these girls out. You can see my frustration on (bad bud formation) a older thread I have.
Anyway, I know leaves are going to die off, but this is a every day thing. I flushed them out with tap water and flora kleen for a day, and change the rez with fresh nutes. I keep my ppm's under 1000, more like 800 to 850. PH holds around 5.7 to 6.0, so I doubt that it's nute burn... but I could be wrong. Super sour og must be a low tolerance strain. If anybody knows, please feel free to let me know.
When I clean up the bottom, cause that's where it starts from, the very next day at lights on, there's more that looks the same or worse. I'm at a lost right now cause I don't know what could be going on. Other than the Temps not being perfect I really don't know.
Here's my run down

3 bucket RDWC system with 1/2 inch hose filtering the water threw.
160 hr pump
3.5 gallon rez
PPM'S 800 to 1040 (before top off)
PH 5.6 to 6.0
Flora series general hydroponic nutrients
Additives = flora nectar, roots organic PH, diamond nectar, and Kool bloom.
Ipower 300watt multi-spectrum led
4" inline fan with filter
6" fan for air movement
12/12 cycle
Week 5
3×3 tent
If anyone has any info on what the problem could be please help. I'm just ready to quit, but I won't if she could be speared.
1475021090753352657440.jpg
1475020891282-1432763567.jpg
1475020814697910442156.jpg
1475020575471797687217.jpg

Where are you from? Your tap water could have a lot of chlorine in it. Or a lot of other heavy metals in it. Also, how are you mixing your nutrients? One by one or do you let them mix fully then start with the next?

You could also be suffering from nutrient lockout due to low levels of light. If you have more than 2 plants under your 300 watt light, the top of your plants will love the light and nutes but as it forces the entire plant and all limbs to be saturated with nutrients, your lower leafs aren't able to make use of those nutrients so it dies due to toxicity.

In the middle of my first grow I suffered from nitrogen toxicity in flower for all areas not in the light, as soon as I lowered the light and made better use of it, those areas came back.

I don't think it's the light because I've grown 2 under the same lighting and I got buds on the lower parts, just not that big. Maybe nute lock out, I thought of that, and flushed her out. It looks like the bud development is improving slowly but i'll see at the end of the week. As far as nitrogen toxicity, I don't know about that. I'm in flower so I put the right amount of nitro in it, plus it looks more like a burn then a fade.

You shouldn't be removing the leaves, plants pull nutrients from older growth to power new growth whenever possible. Removing a leaf with any nutrients in it will negatively affect the plant and speed up the rate at which it cannibalizes the rest of the leaves.

If the older growth is the first affected, it's most likely a deficiency in a mobile element. Looks like phosphorus and/or potassium to me, check out the image in this link Nutrient Deficiency Diagnosis

Bad news guys... I put the girl to rest. It would of been a piss poor harvest, so I just said fuck it. 5 1/2 weeks in flower and I barely got any bud development, new and old growth is dieing off rapidly.
Time to focus on my other girls. Girlscout cookies, AK 47Xtrem and green crack. Goodbye to super sour og.

Back
Top Bottom