My Trainwreck - Day 65

towboattrash

Well my 2 Trainwrecks are only 12" and the other 10" and full of buds should not be much longer. Day 65 now.

I've never harvested any buds before so what do yall think ???

B0F933E5-4CCF-4F9C-A52B-AACBF509F953_zpsofrxiygi.jpg

B34A5288-5B34-4342-9D71-3E1494EBD314_zpsfdqzrpwk.jpg

98DF7F95-AE64-470A-91EB-12F6BD91A146_zps6vzwets2.jpg

1F2284BE-2AF1-44A5-A596-66DF17089EE2_zpsru6rcimo.jpg

I think At least 20 to 40 days yet

Looking beautiful though, great work buddy!!!
Check out my grow journal around day 30 of flowering to compare. Im in day 57 now..

My setup is 2-5 bulb lamps with 1 double bulb in each. 6-100w bulbs ranging from 65k to 2700k in a 4/5ft closet with 6 plants. I'll try to load a pic of it.

My setup is 2-5 bulb lamps with 1 double bulb in each. 6-100w bulbs ranging from 65k to 2700k in a 4/5ft closet with 6 plants. I'll try to load a pic of it.
100w bulbs or 23w bulbs that say 100w equivalent? Theres a big difference.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Still a long way to go. Looks like you may have over-watered. You could cut back on the 'N'. :thumb:

How can you tell if they are over watered ? I can't see it, but I'm not experienced at growing yet

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
By the deep green soggy looking leaves with a hint of claw from N. Pretty sure thats why major said it. Thats what I see anyways lol

How can you tell if they are over watered ? I can't see it, but I'm not experienced at growing yet

By the deep green soggy looking leaves with a hint of claw from N. Pretty sure thats why major said it. Thats what I see anyways lol

fanleaf nailed it. Since I don't have an overview of the entire plant I could easily be wrong.
Leaves that look flabby and curled, point down - not up indicate too much water.

Over-watered
Sad_PB2.jpg

Not over-watered, leaves pointing up to the light
AS4.jpg

Cool thanks. I'm starting my first grow with couple jillybean and space candy seedlings. I've been trying not to over water them

Uses 23w 100w equivalent

In that case you can't really use too many. The more the merrier. I think I would add 5-6 more in the 2700-3000k range myself. As it is right now you only have 46-110 actual watts if I read that right that you use between 2 and 5 bulbs.

Fanleaf...Correct,

I read an earlier post.
Our freind posted earlier in the year that he had 5 bulbs at 23 (100w equiv) - total 115W CFL Power

Completely agree about adding 5 more.
With the doubles, if i understand correct, you can do 10 bulbs x 23 for 230w power right?

Well positioned, that should give a good spread across the plants
As budget etc allows, personally i would keep giving CFL light unti just before its too hot!
(also think about your upcoming clmat - if its gonna be cooler in flowering - you can always add more light.

Personally, once i hit flowering - I felt LED to be much more powerful than CFL.

I absolutely loved using CFL for the first part of my growth. I'm excited to see you experience that too! Wishing you great results. CFL can do great for vegging! However in a small cupboard, once outdoor temps were 70F plus, more than 250W of CFL and the heat issue was just too much. Well with the grow room door shut anyway (small room in well insulated, modern building)

However, to put into perspective - at my peak (colder days or testing out with air conditioning, multiple fans, home made ice cube fan air conditioner etc) - I was using two big 125W CFLS and 10 more at 23W - Around 450W (for just 4 plants - and later only 2). In addition to this - i added more and more LED. In the end, CFL for me is fantastic for learning , is cheap, but ultimately way too hot unless you have cold conditions or only want to grow small personal amounts (1 to 4 plants). I am just a beginner amateur grower - but just trying to encourage you that more light is good - people like fanleaf are the pros around here!

Plants look lovely though - exciting when all those white pistils come rocketing out!

This is my setup. 5ft x 2ft closet 2 fans 12bulbs 100w equivalent ranging from 65k,35k and 27k.
1 humidity monitor. Temps avg 78deg to 81 at most. Humidity is great. And a nice light timer. Was on 18/6 on/off but now in flower mode I'm doing 12/12 on/off.

image37613.jpg

image37612.jpg

image37614.jpg

image37615.jpg

Oh I have 2 Trainwreck plants & 3 Purple Kush and 1 unknown its 4ft tall. I'm using FoxFarm soil and Lquid Big Bloom. So 6 plants in that closet.

For my first grow I think I'm doing pretty good. So if y'all see something I need to do just let me know.

And the reason I'm doing any of this is I have terminal esophageal - bone cancer and only have a couple months left.

So I been doing CBD oil and smoking and it seems to help

Looks great but I would
Get those CFL much closer to the girls. They only spread effective light up to about 6 inches, also with those temps I'd be very tempted to add 2 to 6 more CFL.

If no heat stress.

Also fans...more fans means less likely to heat stress and generally strengthens the plants branches and stems . Your yield depends on stragetic lst and great light positioning.

Back
Top Bottom