Help! First time ordering seeds!

Imagine420

It is my first time ordering seeds and i was wondering if it would be safe to use a bank transfer as my method of payment. The site is discreet seeds and although they are sponsored on high times i have my doubts. If anyone could help or give me advice it would be much appreciated! Hope to be growing soon!

Ye well ! Buy Cannabis Seeds - Worldwide Delivery - Herbies Marijuana Seeds is a popular place with most of the folks around :420: & also a sponsor with a very good reputation :thumb:

I've ordered from them with my visa debit card in my own name & transaction on bank statement shows another name than herbiesheadshop & pretty good stealth shipment.

I ordered seeds for my first time last month using my credit cards - Seedsman (Visa); MSNL (MasterCard); GYO (Visa)
For all of the seed banks I ordered from, the payment was made to a company name that has nothing to do with seeds or cannabis. I used their most discrete shipping option they have and did not have any issues with shipping. I was so worried that something would happen to the package. :bitingnails: Now I have enough seeds to last me a while.

BTW- For credit card purchases, you will need to contact the bank and let them know you will be purchasing items from European websites (especially if you are in the US). Some seed banks may want you to send them proof that you own the card if you are a new customer which was kind of scary. One of my cards sent me a fraud alert where I had to text them back a code to approve the transaction. Overall, it went pretty smooth. Now I just gotta get growing once I have my tents all set up. :yahoo:

Although I prefer Herbie's...using any of the sponsors affiliated with this magazine would be a good idea...Crop King...Gorilla, are just a couple that get a lot of traffic thru the site...as mentioned there are also Canadian seed banks...cheerz...h00k...

Since this is so timely, I'll share a little about my first seed order - horrendous! I should've learned my lesson the first time but I spent quite a while picking out seeds, maxing out promotions, etc to find out they either a. Didn't ship to the US, b. Didn't take mastercard, or c. The site was just a huge pain and lot my shopping cart while denying the card (I only have my phone to use the Internet, and a shoddy connection doesn't help) I also got a couple texts about fraud and answered them, but still couldn't use it. I had to call the bank (should've done that in the first place) and wait 15 min for them to figure it out so I could order my "car parts".
Finally had success with gyo which is a sponsor. I'll update when/if they arrive later.

Edit to include I also went and bought a visa gift card only to find it can't be used overseas

Hope your first time is smoother than mine!!

It is my first time ordering seeds and i was wondering if it would be safe to use a bank transfer as my method of payment. The site is discreet seeds and although they are sponsored on high times i have my doubts. If anyone could help or give me advice it would be much appreciated! Hope to be growing soon!

My only order was through true north seed bank, loved the prices, paid with Western Union, quick shipping from Canada, no complaints. Will definitely buy from them again.

I used gyo seed bank, a spsonsor of this fine site. I made the mistake of not paying more for confirmed shipping, so I had to sweat it out until they finally arrived about twenty days after I ordered.

Next time I will probably use Western Union if that's an option. I only ordered four (4) seeds, so I'm not worried about LEO kicking my door down but it's good to be careful. Another rule of thumb is DON'T HAVE SEEDS MAILED TO YOUR GROW!

So my experience: I created account with a burner email, used a debit card (next time Western Union!). Transaction is posted to my bank account with a name that is discreet, e.g. Aunt Sally Textile Company, not Joe Blow Marijuana Seed Emporium For Steal Growers INC. My package arrived via USPS. It was small, lightweight, and looked like high end junk mail or a box of greeting cards. I was quite please with the experience. I paid about $35 for two auto seeds and two "luck-of-the-draw" seeds, and that includes the shipping. Good luck, and whenever possible do business with the sponsors of :420: They only do business with reputable, trustworthy companies.

Hey weas, thanks for the PM - right as you said I can't pm back. Honestly I wasn't really looking for specifics, but I wanted good genetics for once instead of bag seed. I also wanted to try dinafem and royal queen (don't know why, maybe because I couldn't order from them directly) and some autos for the first time.

I ordered fro gyo on friday night, this morning (sun) i get an email asking for some more info (doc with billing add, last 4 of card) which I would be more nervous about if someone hadn't mentioned it already, thanks for that (thanks hyperluv!)

Just got back from a successful hunt! Two bucks not bad! Getting ready for winter has it hit you yet weasel?

Nice. I have to get out and get a few of those myself, been too busy harvesting other stuff- cannabis, mushrooms for food and some of the recreational variety, late season berries, and it just so happens I got a fat duck out back literally about 5 minutes ago :) Loaded up on salmon this summer, will have to catch up with the deer later.
Winter is coming for sure, here it's a long slow descent into soggy darkness. People around here start getting more depressed than usual and the usual seasonal challenge is to not be one of them. So far so good. :thumb:
On the topic though- I think you'll be fine with any of the 420 sponsors. Some on the list are slightly more fine than others. Among them, I've ordered from Gorilla, CKS, Herbies, and Seedsman all with good results and service. Gorilla seeds took a long time to come but that's probably not their fault. Seedsman made it kind of a pain to pay them and I eventually had to find a way to buy bitcoin to make it work, which was truly an epic feat, but the service was wonderful.
Among non-sponsors my favorite is Ace seeds, if you're into the sort of strains they sell. In BC I've had good results from Vancouver seed bank and also BC Bud Depot- though there have been many complaints against that last one.
I grow Critical Cheese by Dinafem and it's an incredible plant. If their other genetics are even half as good, and they probably are, I don't think you could go wrong.
Good luck with your order.

Nice. I have to get out and get a few of those myself, been too busy harvesting other stuff- cannabis, mushrooms for food and some of the recreational variety, late season berries, and it just so happens I got a fat duck out back literally about 5 minutes ago :) Loaded up on salmon this summer, will have to catch up with the deer later.
Winter is coming for sure, here it's a long slow descent into soggy darkness. People around here start getting more depressed than usual and the usual seasonal challenge is to not be one of them. So far so good. :thumb:
On the topic though- I think you'll be fine with any of the 420 sponsors. Some on the list are slightly more fine than others. Among them, I've ordered from Gorilla, CKS, Herbies, and Seedsman all with good results and service. Gorilla seeds took a long time to come but that's probably not their fault. Seedsman made it kind of a pain to pay them and I eventually had to find a way to buy bitcoin to make it work, which was truly an epic feat, but the service was wonderful.
Among non-sponsors my favorite is Ace seeds, if you're into the sort of strains they sell. In BC I've had good results from Vancouver seed bank and also BC Bud Depot- though there have been many complaints against that last one.
I grow Critical Cheese by Dinafem and it's an incredible plant. If their other genetics are even half as good, and they probably are, I don't think you could go wrong.
Good luck with your order.

How'd you manage to find a bitcoin wallet that didn't want you to send them ID to verify?

Between MasterCard refusing payments to seed banks and bitcoin being so hard, I feel like I'll eventually end up just mailing cash.

It was a pain in the ass TF. Depends where you live. I contacted a friend in the city and transferred them some money and they used a bitcoin atm. They didn't need a credit card but did have to jump a few hoops for verification. Once I had the bitcoin it was extremely easy though.

I would like to mention i did order from discrete seeds and everything went great! Order arrived in original packaging, very discretely and within 5 days, not to mention it was really cheap compared to the outrageous prices of some of these sponsored sites.

I just checked them out. Same prices sometimes a few cents cheaper sometimes a few cents more than Herbies. I don't see a delivery guarantee with discrete seeds though. That scares me because free re-shipping if they don't show up has saved me several times.

I don't know if it's a good idea to down 420Mags sponsors. They have great reputations and take very good care of the members here.

They offer insured shipping for a few bucks extra in case they do get caught and i wasnt bashing on herbies in particular because they were a close 2nd between the sites i was looking at, but in general most seedbanks i see are overpriced. Since ive ordered however, the prices of the autos i ordered went up a few bucks each, i think i ordered just in time. Lucky me ;)

Back
Top Bottom