Help - Humidifier has a blue light!

static123

Hi

Just received a humidifier for my small grow area and it has a small blue led light, will this effect the plants when its dark time, am I going to have to turn it off or try and cover it up.

I realise that i need the RD to be low when in the flower stage but to begin with when i first flip Ill pro still need it on.

what are your thoughts on this please.

IMG_186722.JPG

Many thanks

Re: HELP !! Humidifier has a blue light (picture inc)

I would suggest trying to cover it up with black electrical tape or even if you can using a black sharpie and coloring over it.

Theoretically I have read that blue light has little influence on flowering time, however I also conversely have read that it does play into the flowering process as well, even though not the main light wavelength for flowering (usually red light).

Therefore I have seen claims both ways that blue does/does not effect flowering so it would be best to stay safe and cover it up :)

Re: HELP !! Humidifier has a blue light (picture inc)

I don't believe these small amounts of light have any impact on plants. I have plenty of light sources around both my indoor and outdoor grows. Never had it make a plant do anything weird. How much light will cause a problem is my question.

We have some landscape lights that stay on many hours after dark. I had a volunteer come up not far from a couple of the lights. I wondered what it would do. Nothing. I grew great - just like any other. There was no delay in the onset of flowering and it did not hermie, reveg, or anything else. It made some nice (unexpected) buds.

Hi guys thanks for your advice, I think ill cover it up just to be on the safe side, i might be able to just cover the led in side the unit.
:thumb:

People seem to report very different experiences. Keep in mind that different strains have different stress thresholds at which they will start showing hermie flowers. In my grow over the years I've had quite a lot of hermie (nanner) outbreaks, which always seemed to correlate directly to light leaks. A few of them coincided perfectly with having indicator lights on in the flowering room, usually red in my case. Needless to say I now steer well clear of having any lights in the flowering room during the dark period.

People seem to report very different experiences. Keep in mind that different strains have different stress thresholds at which they will start showing hermie flowers. In my grow over the years I've had quite a lot of hermie (nanner) outbreaks, which always seemed to correlate directly to light leaks. A few of them coincided perfectly with having indicator lights on in the flowering room, usually red in my case. Needless to say I now steer well clear of having any lights in the flowering room during the dark period.

I had the same happen from the little red light on a power strip... was getting hermies and couldn't figure out why and then I taped over the little red switch, and never had a hermi after that point. Better to be safe than hermie'd :)

I have ended up doing this, altho I am Not sure how long the tape will last, I may have to use something else to stick it in place.
IMG_187024.JPG

IMG_187125.JPG

Back
Top Bottom