Nutrient lock? What could be causing this purple?

GrowrLvlNoob

420-magazine-mobile1409546972.jpg

4 week old mystery seed not cold damage it's been hot 80-85, pH at 7, low humidity 35%. Go box nutrients,following their regiment. It could be genetics but I was hoping for some input from experienced growers. Thanks guys/ gals

Ph is too high so it's probably nutrient deficiencies. At ph 7 the plant can't use all the nutrients. Ph some water at 5.6-6.5 feed it for the next week and then feed as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I personally use General organics and to be honest I have the same issues(purple stems). I don't think the grow formula has enough Phosphorus. I usually bump their grow formula to 12.5 or 15 ml per gallon when I notice this or I'll transplant to a bigger pot with more soil, both seem to take care of the issue but transplanting seems to work better. This issue also go's away in flower when I start hitting them with bloom... hope this helps

Thanks for all the help guys, I have a pH kit en route, Im gonna flush her then add some seabird guano tea it's straight (P) and I was definitely over watering so let's see how it goes.
420-magazine-mobile828617134.jpg

Thanks again guys

If you are in soil then please don't pH down to 5.6 as mentioned. 5.6 is no good for soil. 6.2-6.8 is soil range. Ideally in a soil grow with your feedings and watering you want to slowly vary pH from 6.2-6.8 back and forth.

Ok so I'm growing in ffof, 2 weeks into 5gal. Here's my feeding plan, I'm on week 5. And here is a pic of what the plant looks like in most areas
420-magazine-mobile691081872.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1480184421.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2104551051.jpg

No purple on the leaves and I'm almost positive it's a (P) deficiency but I'm too much of a rookie to know for sure.
Thanks for the help

Now we're talkin! I also use OF. If you recently transplanted into a pot of FRESH ffof, you should not be feeding at all. Probably not for about 3-4 week with a plant that size. Even calmag, if you are in fresh soil, you won't need for 2-3 weeks.

Your plants look healthy. Make sure you don't over water. I see some tips bent over. This can be caused by too much Nitrogen, but also by too much water. I see you are in a 5 gallon plastic. Are there holes drilled in it? Plastic tends to hold water a bit longer, so you can use less at each watering. How often and how much are you watering? The pic looks like you may have some paler or yellower leaves in there too. If that is accurate, this may be a result of over watering.

If this is a photo and you are going to be switching to 12/12, keep in mind the height CAN triple. If you are close to switching, try and have here as healthy as you can before the flip.

This is a random seed correct? So we don't know if this is a He or a She yet?

Yeah don't know if it's a he or she... Fingers crossed. The 5 gallon has holes every few inches from bottom untold about 1/3 up.. I have been over watering and maybe even a little heavy on the nitrogen since I fed her shortly after transplant. I have a grow journal if you are interested in seeing it. I just made the flip a few days ago to 12/12 all the leaves look pretty good no yellow just lots of new growth. I haven't watered for about 4 days soil is still barely damp and have about an inch or two of dryish soil on top.
Thanks for the help guys I got the new grow bug probably way over thinking it lol

Ok so got a pH test kit everything is good there so I added a seabird guano tea 0-11-0 that should correct any (P) deficiency. I'll post a pic in a week

Because it contains a high level of P and was worried I had a deficiency. It didn't make much of a difference. I'm sure it's the lights at this point because she's doing really well

Back
Top Bottom