Is something wrong with this new growth?

xxhelderxx

Hey Guys,

These plants are Big Bud from AMS. Currently growing under 4x105w CFL. Temps are mid 70s, humidity is about 50%. They are 37 days old approx. just tested pH runoff and it is about 6.25.

The new growth looks wirey and spindly, is this normal? I can't figure out what it could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

420-magazine-mobile1037615479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1243653964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks electro!

She was in a 3gal cloth pot and was definitely maxed out. I just transplanted her into a 5gal. These are all Big Bud AMS from seed. Do you think 5 gal will be big enough? I was counting on knowing the sex of these by now, Im maxed out on space in my 3x3x6 tent!

Thanks improvise

Msuksimon, I'm watering about every other day. They're drinking a lot these days.

Xx I'm guessing you're growing in some form of soilless?
That curling thing could also from ph being a little high. At least that's how some (not all) of my strains look when I run ph a little high. Here's a link to a side by side high/low ph test I've been doing.

The Hexapus's Garden

Not sure if my direct link to that post is working properly or not...post#1017 if you have to scroll down.

Hey Weasel,

I'm growing in FF Ocean Forest with a little extra perlite added in. I'll take a look at the pH link. I might pH down my water for the next few watering a to 5ish and see if that helps. I don't want to swing pH too extremely though.

Great post Weasel. I'll def be pH'ing down for the next few waterings and see how the plant reacts.

Ok if you're in soil then you probably/might not want to ph that low. I'm not a soil grower myself. Something to think about though, if you see that similar leaf curling going on.

It definitely looks similar. I'm going to give them a few days to see how they respond to the transplant into bigger pots. That might take care of it

Hey guys- I have a separate question. As I'm gearing up to throw these into 12/12 once they stabilize, I'm looking to replace my CFLs with 2700k spectrum lights. That's 6x105w bulbs, which with shipping is about $150 give or take. I'm already regretting not getting a Mars 1200 LED light having seen some of the success other growers have had. Should I bite the bullet and get the Mars considering I'm already about to layout $150 for the CFLS? The Mars is about $450, so would the switch to LED justify the extra $300 in spend? Wish I had thought of this before .

Appreciate the feedback!

I haven't used the Mars 1200 I have yet, but most growers once they get beyond a certain size switch to led or hid lights. It's not economical to keep adding cfls.

Plus those things freak me out a bit. Nobody on 420 ever admits to breaking one, but I'm sure it happens. I've broken a couple around the house. Government health warnings where I am advise evacuating the house for 30 minutes (!) to wait for the mercury to settle (into your belongings/plants?) then following certain cleanup guidelines to remove the toxic waste before depositing it in special toxic waste facilities (which happen to not exist in my province). I don't believe everything the government says, but I also don't believe they'd put out that warning if they weren't forced to. What happens when we break a bulb? Most of us aren't going to throw out the plants, we are going to smoke it. Or throw out the plants. Not a happy choice either way. Just a little something to consider.

Yea, I hear you man. Regretting not just going dual spectrum LED to start. I guess I could keep the CFLs and start a veg chamber. I'm leaning towards getting the Mars instead of messing with CFLs now

So today I got 2 more 105w 6500k CFLs (placed the order a few days before I started wondering about going Mars 1200). My plan at this point is to instal the extra 2 bulbs (bringing me up to 6x105w @6500k). I'm going to LST the plants (I know it's very late, but I'm going to let them go for another couple weeks while my two 3 week old plants catch up). Once I'm ready to flip them all into flowering, I'll get the Mars and supplement with the CFLs I already have.

My plants are still looking iffy. I've watered with 6.1 and 5.6 pH the past 2 waterings, and transplanted them as well. Not sure what else could be causing them to react this way.

I'm getting a good amount of lower leaf yellowing, so I'm sure they need a feeding.

Any advice? Pics to come in a few

Pics
420-magazine-mobile120414667.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1434670019.jpg

420-magazine-mobile236692152.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1662920025.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2146288610.jpg

The beast in the back right corner is an absolute tree. I tried to train down the main stalk but it was not happening. I'm betting that one is male.

Hey guys,

Update on my plants. I have 2 that aren't improving and I'm beginning to worry because I want to put them into flowering soon.

420-magazine-mobile879188739.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1035445857.jpg
420-magazine-mobile597144499.jpg

I fed them with 2TBLSP of FF Big Bloom / gal yesterday and recently transplanted them into 5 gal cloth pots.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom