The worse of two evils

BlueSkye

I need to turn my grow off for a bit tomorrow and I've just started flowering....three days in. My question is what would cause less stress on the plants. 16 hours of darkness for one night or temps in the 90s for 3-4 hours. ( No ventilation running at all). Or I could just put the plants outside in a field for 8-9 hours. With that I'm worried about the introduction of pest. What would you say is my best option. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do you have a dimmable ballest? I would run the lights as low as possible, just give her light. She can think of it as a cloudy day and just relax a bit.
With my HPS, 150w runs a lot cooler then 400w. (Or throw a couple CFLs on her)
Id also add that plants can take more heat as long as the humidity is also increased.

Don't have a dimmable ballast yet so I'm going to go with lights off for 3-5 extra hours. Thanks for the input guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using 420 Magazine Mobile App

interupting the light cycle is a big no no mate, good chance of herm doing that. If its only a few hours 90f wont do harm, ive done full grows at that temp. id try not to interupt light cycle if i were you.

Well, got your reply a little to late. Turned the grow back on at 10 which gave it an extra 3 hours of darkness for that night. Hopefully I didn't cause it too much stress. Thanks for the info though! I'll look for signs of herm. All in all it was a bad situation, but it's over now.

So, since they received 15 hours of darkness last night should I slowly bring the dark period back to 12 hours? Like over the course of a week.

Back
Top Bottom