pH & Nutrient Problems

Young Yoda

Hi, I've been starting a journal with autos lately and am having some serious pH / nute problems. The problems have actually been with a series of plants.

Here was the first plant. I wasn't monitoring pH because I thought my new composty organic supersoil might take care of it. I wasn't using bottled nutes besides silica and cal-mag supplements.
IMG_20160920_184841.jpg

When I did notice problems I tried to flush, then water acidic for a while.. It got pretty bad.
IMG_20161005_184823.jpg

Here was the next one showing a cal deficiency:
IMG_20161020_154808.jpg

I watered at 6.5 with cal-mag, run off was 6.3.
Next I watered at 6.5 with cal-mag and run off was 6.8...
Here's today:
IMG_20161025_154402.jpg

Now another one is showing something:
IMG_20161025_154337.jpg

I thought I had a good grip of managing pH but that was with photos... Hard for me to understand what I'm screwing up here. Seemed like classic lockout in all cases but a good flush and pH adjusting did nothing. You can check my journal for more details.

re: pH & Nutrient Problems

I've been feeding with compost teas, that's it. I just thought those black spots on the 2nd plant looked like cal def.

The second and third plants are still around. The second one is showing other problems too, kinda hard to see under LED, I know but they look similar to the onset of what I am seeing in the third plant.

Overall I was thinking lockout/pH but as I said I just couldn't get it fixed the first time. For the later girls I was really careful checking the pH to keep it close to 6.5 going in and out.. This latest problem is just shocking to me.

re: pH & Nutrient Problems

That is definitely not a Cal-Mag or a pH issue, buddy. Believe it or not, that's a potassium deficiency. You can fix that easily, so don't freak out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using 420

Back
Top Bottom