First Grow

Billygroat

420-magazine-mobile383264859.jpg

Does this girl look OK?? Feels like she is struggling.

Re: Help with grow

Welcome to :420:

Your plant looks fine. Seedlings take a while to get started. Slow top growth hopefully means your seedling is focusing energy on root production first, which is what you want now to support later growth and flowering.

It would help to know how long since sprouting, what kind of soil/amendments and watering routine, and the strain.

In that size pot I expect you wouldn't have needed to water yet and probably won't for at least a week more. She doesn't look at all stressed, but overwatering and over feeding at seedling stage are two most common mistakes so I mention those as possible answers to your next question. I killed or stunted many seedlings that way.

But your girl is off to good start. :high-five: Keep us posted on her progress. :Namaste:

Thanks for the reply , much appreciated ! It has been a week exactly since she popped her head out of the soil. I was watering to much, a friend told me to stop, and it's been 2 days or more without it. The soil is just a no name brand , professional gardening soil or something like that . And the strain is a auto fem, Auto A.K. It's my first so this a learning experience and very excited to see what it will produce if anything.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am growing one too. Kingston's advice is :thumb:
You can lower the lights more or raze the pot higher CFL doesn't burn easy . Like a hand away from plant/light :Namaste:

That's her tonight , I think she is starting to move a little. She looks good actually.
So Angry, I have Epsom salts, organic Blackstrap molasses, and coffee grounds from the cafe I work at, oh and bananas. I have read a little about all these things . What's good to add to my water once she gets bigger and start feeding get he

Hi , sorry but I went to bed, trying to fight a cold.
My AK Auto is born ( popped up in soil) 2nd of October.:love:
Good things for fertilizers :thumb:

You can start of by letting the used coffee grounds dry out a bit. Wet ones in soil can produce mold) next...for the peels it is tea or "powdery fertilizer" For the tea : boil the banana peels (4 peels in 1 L of water, boil for 5 min. Cool, strain and put in fridge for feeding: about half a coffee cup in 1 liter of water) or dry them in the oven (small pieces, low heat until almost crispy) Put them in the blender. Store in a container.

We started adding these at week 2.

Billy, now is a good time to start a journal. :) Here you will write and share your progress, with as much info you can.
Pictures/questions.. everything :)
Post thread in...

My girl doesn't really look like she is getting better. It's almost like she is turning a very light green, and yellowish. It's been a few days since I water her.
Is she going to be OK? My lists are pretty close but the are cfls

I think the problem is too much water in soil still. I know you stopped watering. I'm trying to think of safest way to get plant out of that pot and into smaller pot that will dry out faster without doing to much damage to roots.

I think I would try to pull out a soil ball including plant just bigger than root system should be (forget trowels, fingers driven down into soil and under plant are best tool letting you cradle plant safely-ish), set soil ball aside, replace remaining wet soil in pot with dry soil and replant soil ball with plant back in dry soil. That will dry out roots faster and get them functioning again. Also when they start growing again and hit the dry soil they will branch further back and develop a much stronger root system.

I know that's a very extreme response compared to my first post, but the leaves look yellower now which in a plant this young means we can't wait for it to recover on its own. No watering until soil is completely dry (just before plant starts wilting) and no feeding after midnight.. I mean no feeding until active growth with several sets of new leaves.

And yes she can recover from this.

And i agree on Kingston's post above, with an extra: add a thick layer of perlite in the bottom of new pot. It will help you have a drainage.

420-magazine-mobile724294954.jpg
Thanks guys, wonderful advice. I don't think I had much choice. So she is moved into a smaller container today, I have to go to work so I will see later tonight or tomorrow if anything changes. Worse or better
Hopefully better.

I missed your question earlier?/ my AK Auto was born 2nd of October. Don't worry, (and this is an advice fro a serious serial seed killer) AK Auto is easy :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom