What to buy for a 2 plant indoor grow

XobeMan

Hey all i am new here and i am a licenced medicinal user and hopefully will be obtaining a licence to grow my own very soon in Canada.

I have some idea of what to buy, but would like to read suggestions all of you may have as to best equipmemt to purchase for a 2 plant indoor grow.

I will be able when licenced to purchase Cloned plants from certain Licenced Providers, but that is limited to a few strains they chose to clone and only TWO providers at this time only are cloning, as for seeds in Canada if your licenced to grow your own we must then purchase seeds from only a licenced provider which none at this time are providing.

Thks .

Ok room size is about 15 feet x 5 feet. I like to grow with soil and as for budget around 600.00.. thks

Mars makes a nice tent for the money if your going to use one. You'll need a fan for air movement, maybe a carbon filter. I don't grow in soil but see good results from others using promix hp. Nutrients...I like Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect line. I use it in hydro, and have seen others use it in drain to waste hand watering in other mediums also. Buy the best light you can afford with what's left......Light selection is covered elsewhere in the forums. :)

Ok i will look into a tent and i was looking at fox farms for nutrients how good are they?

Also i was looking at fabric pots and Mars Led lights just not sure for 2 plants what is good 450w or higher?

Thks

Depending on your location in Canada, consider Green Planet products for their nutrients. They're made in BC and everything is generally cheaper if you can buy locally. They make a 3 part nutrient formula as well as a bunch of different additives. Buying nutrients made elsewhere is always pricier, because you're paying to ship a lot of water.

Depending on your location in Canada, consider Green Planet products for their nutrients. They're made in BC and everything is generally cheaper if you can buy locally. They make a 3 part nutrient formula as well as a bunch of different additives. Buying nutrients made elsewhere is always pricier, because you're paying to ship a lot of water.
Thanks for the info i am Ontario Canada so depends on shipping costs it may or may not be feesible. I will look into the place you mentioned.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thks

I've used Fox Farms and I've used Advanced Nutrients in soil. They both work. Hard to say one is better than the other. The best plant in terms of bud size that I grew (Crop King Seeds Northern Lights) was with Fox Farms as the nute, but my White Widow turned out great too with the Advanced Nutrients. I'm a compact grower. I also use the fabric pots. They've worked well and I've got no complaints.:Namaste:

I've used Fox Farms and I've used Advanced Nutrients in soil. They both work. Hard to say one is better than the other. The best plant in terms of bud size that I grew (Crop King Seeds Northern Lights) was with Fox Farms as the nute, but my White Widow turned out great too with the Advanced Nutrients. I'm a compact grower. I also use the fabric pots. They've worked well and I've got no complaints.:Namaste:
Yeah i will look into them more i want to grow high CBD plants 13% or more with about 8-10% THC i do not know if lights make a factor and nutrients for such plants. Any info appreciated.

Thks

You'll need to choose strains that have high THC/CBD content. I don't know this to be true, but I would estimate that stated percentages from the seed banks are optimal percentages for plants grown in ideal conditions. For me, I don't grow in optimal conditions so I know my percentages will be lower. However, if you have a strain that states 15% THC and 5% CBD, I doubt there is much you can do to exceed that number.

Lights and nutes definitely impact it. In the above example your crop might have 8% THC and 2% CBD because of inadequate lights or nutes.

:Namaste:

$600 canadian is a pretty tight budget. I'm in ontario and I just finished ordering parts for my first setup after a week of researching, but I ended up spending $1000cdn because I decided to go with DIY COB LED for the long term quality/value of it. If you aren't opposed to doing a bit of research and basic DIY stuff I would highly recommend it.

You are going to pay a bit more upfront than the HPS or the chinese LEDs but you will save in the long run with efficiency and modularity.

If you are looking for a tent sourced in Canada the best option seems to be the mars hydro, probably the smallest one they offer for your budget, if you email them they will give you a slight break over their listed CDN prices.

For circulation I went with an Active Air 4 Inch In-Line Fan 165 CFM from Amazon.ca, it was the cheapest of the well-reviewed fans I could find in Canada. I also used a 4" carbon filter to keep it stealthy.

I would recommend getting the soil and nutrients from a local store, any other method is horribly overpriced for Canadians. There are tons in the GTA region if you are close enough to make the drive.

You'll need to choose strains that have high THC/CBD content. I don't know this to be true, but I would estimate that stated percentages from the seed banks are optimal percentages for plants grown in ideal conditions. For me, I don't grow in optimal conditions so I know my percentages will be lower. However, if you have a strain that states 15% THC and 5% CBD, I doubt there is much you can do to exceed that number.

Lights and nutes definitely impact it. In the above example your crop might have 8% THC and 2% CBD because of inadequate lights or nutes.

:Namaste:
If i can grow my own soon just waiting for health canada approval then i will be able to buy seeds or clones from any Licenced Provider under Health Canada.

What sucks is there is only 2 providers that are selling clones and they are on the otherside of the country from my location but a two day travel on the plants, but like anything no guarrantees the clones make it and if they do, no guarrantees they will produce, they should if grown properly.

All i order is high CBD strains from two licenced providers i purchase from. These are 5.5 THC and 11.6 CBD and the other is 9 THC and 13% CBD. There are other strains as well but under production.

Any Licenced Provider must have their batch tested before its ever sold to the public. This is why they are licenced through health canada, any dispensary is not licenced to sell any Cannabis and does not need to test their product = Illeagl source to purchase from. You do not know what your getting from them.

As for seeds your right there is no guarrantee all seeds will produce the same amount just like you can only clone so many times before the clones are weaker.

I will look into it more.

Thks

$600 canadian is a pretty tight budget. I'm in ontario and I just finished ordering parts for my first setup after a week of researching, but I ended up spending $1000cdn because I decided to go with DIY COB LED for the long term quality/value of it. If you aren't opposed to doing a bit of research and basic DIY stuff I would highly recommend it.

You are going to pay a bit more upfront than the HPS or the chinese LEDs but you will save in the long run with efficiency and modularity.

If you are looking for a tent sourced in Canada the best option seems to be the mars hydro, probably the smallest one they offer for your budget, if you email them they will give you a slight break over their listed CDN prices.

For circulation I went with an Active Air 4 Inch In-Line Fan 165 CFM from Amazon.ca, it was the cheapest of the well-reviewed fans I could find in Canada. I also used a 4" carbon filter to keep it stealthy.

I would recommend getting the soil and nutrients from a local store, any other method is horribly overpriced for Canadians. There are tons in the GTA region if you are close enough to make the drive.
Thanks for the info i will look around and also look into Mars as they sell Led lights as well.

I am in Ontario as well but to far from GTA area all i can do is order online as driving there would not be an option.

For two plants on a rolling basis would 450w Mars LED light be ok, or should i invest more into 2 x 600w HPS lights and dome cover?

Thks

For the size room you've got, I'd go with the 1200w's of HPS. 450w will do it too but if you can swing it, I'd go 1200.:Namaste:
Yeah i can do 2 x 600w make at least 10 inch space in between plant pots.

Hang them above in two separate domes.

i just figure take half of the room or more and convert to a cabin style growup room this room has at least a 10 foot ceiling height. The walls are painted bright white.

I just want lots of light at begging stages and then 12 on 12 off cycle or 18 on and 6 off. I read all these plants love lots of light.

I will look around my local shop for nutrients hope they have fox farms or what others suggested.

Back
Top Bottom