4 weeks flowering no smell

Blazingdragon

I've included a photo below of my 4th week if flowering on what I'm told is blue cheese. My main concern is the smell, or lack thereof. Should these be stinky by now and do the buds look like where they need to be going into week 5 of flowering. I'm told this particular strain needs around 8-10 weeks flowering and the buds really fatten up between week 6-8. Would you say this sounds right and do they look alright?
420-magazine-mobile756421051.jpg
420-magazine-mobile420786572.jpg
420-magazine-mobile235626279.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think it's normal, the smell is very dependent from the strain, i guess it will develop in a few weeks for sure.
However, nice bud :goodjob:

PS: The Lady in the background on the Right ( first pic ) seems to have an excess of nitrogen, check it better, maybe I'm wrong

Thanks hope. I guess I'm just a bit inpatient. I'm glad you think they look like where they should be. I'll look again at the gal you pointed out.

Buds look good, on track for 4 weeks. Plant looks like it has slight deficiency, possible magnesium but can't be sure with color in photo.

Soil can make a big difference in fragrance. I changed soils for current run of clones and early on they smell stronger than their parents grown in plain soil. Also my nute regimen is better.

Looks pretty good for week 5.
Terpenoids are responsible for the smell of cannabis. They develop in relation to the health of the plant, just like CBD and THC. More often than not, you won't have a lot of smell until you start to see more and more trichomes take form, which are home to all (most) of the goodies that Cannabis has to offer.

Cannabis has a number of different terpene profiles and strain phenotypes will display different amounts of THC, CBD and Terpenoids.

Here is a nice chart of the array of terpenes that Cannabis can have.

420-magazine-mobile237810254.jpg

they look good to me , a lot of strains fatten up the last few weeks of flower from what I understand. that's why a lot of beginner growers don't yield as much to the potential of the plant. They get impatient and actually chop there plants while the plant is just starting to fatten up! a little molasses like a teaspoon per gallon will really help plump up your buds too the last few weeks.

Great job by the way!

Thanks for your input xave...really reassuring knowing that they are on the right track. Hopefully next time I can be a bit more relaxed about the whole process

Trial and error for sure. I was just checking out yours. They look good!

Mine is about a week ahead of yours and they kind of look the same. I have no smell neither, until I shake them around a bit, but the smells not that stronger. I'm hoping for a late start in bud swelling, but what can slow things down is defoliation. It will set you back a few days to a week, so i'd watch out for that. Vegging for about a month or so will get you a nice size plant, but check the stretch on the strain before you do so. Good luck.
1480529850753372670086.jpg
1480529818465392459101.jpg

Yeah they look at about the same stickz. I vegged for about a month or so but I've chilled out on the defoilation over the last week. I'll be keeping an eye of your for comparison. Same as you hopefully they swell in the coming weeks! Thanks for your thoughts....Good luck to you too !

Smell comes at different times during flowering depending on genetics. Sativa dominants can take longer. I am growing Pine Apple Express now, 60% sativa I am 3 and half weeks into flower, but no smell yet.

flower011023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom